Skip to content

Match day thread: Mansfield

Comments

• Hi Aaron, by they the way you had an awful game! Bet it was a bit more than that! Chat shit get banged as someone has replied. You provoke someone don't be surprised if they react.

• You would think a head butt from Pierre would do more damage than that in fairness @Cyclops.

• If you look at his fingers, you can see he's just been picking his nose too hard.

• @drcongo Thanks for clearing that up, Doc. I was about to call you out to rearrange your nose.

• Not condoning a player assaulting someone OBVIOUSLY. But I heard that guy at the game slagging off every single player. What a prick.

• I'm with @AttitudeEra in not wishing to leap to judgement. But, as a default setting, I'm going to begin with the assumption that AP didn't go up to the bloke randomly and assault him and that he's a t*"t who got roughly what his behaviour was asking for.

• I certainly do not condone violence in any form and if it is true then the person in question should be brought to task over it. However, a picture on a social media platform doesn't mean it is true at all. I also find it hard to believe that Aaron Pierre would do such a thing.

• Look if some dick stuck his head in my face and told me I was shit today I would knock him out. Lad should man up and take it if it happened that way. Learn by your mistakes, I had to!

• Facts are in short supply as yet - save one. It is untrue that Pierre had, as the gentleman in question claims to have told him, an "awful" game today.

• I have an abhorrence of violence myself. But I'm with @M3G on this one.

• HomeGameRegular
    8:40PM Flag
    Facts are in short supply as yet - save one. It is untrue that Pierre had, as the gentleman in question claims to have told him, an "awful" game today.

I've just taken time out from my busy schedule to share the same thought on his Twitter feed.

• Judging by the camera angle, this bloke is about 4 foot 2, so Aaron would have needed to kneel down first. None of this adds up.

• Well if he stuck his head in Pierre's face then he deserves it and he is also a maniac. Who the hell in their right mind would pick a fight with Pierre.

• The guy seems like a prick who had it coming. But Pierre (if the accusation is true) still shouldn't have done it.

• @drcongo , it's better playing this style with him up there, than with Thommo/Hayes.

That really was a dreadful last couple of months last year

• Surely Pierre was at the awards/500 club dinner at the time anyway.

• @Malone . Agreed. Though one would love to see a more fluid style develop that allowed the ball to get to the byline occasionally.

• I'm with drcongo on this one. How on earth could this lad have come head to head with a giant like Pierre.

• Could of played his last game for us today.......

• We should wait to see what the clubs investigation brings to light. Innocent until proven guilty etc.

• Hope it's not true. We will be shipping goals for fun if he can't play again.

• I'll be gutted if I don't get to see Pierre play for Wycombe again.

• I agree Chris.

• Especially if it's because he was abused by some gobby moron.

• The kid has already admitted he shouted how sh!t he was from a distance.

So if that's his "admitted version", you wonder what the actual truth version was.

Such a shame that Tesco/cashpoint is so close to where our trouble gang hang out post game.

• edited April 2017

I'm thinking on running a sweepstake on what the bloodied and bowed young man said to Pierre before the incident occurred. For starters

• Unlucky Pierre, better luck next time
    • I'm sure the scouts in the stand will be queueing up for you after that
    • I had a bet on a 2-0 loss you b£$%&*d

Any other suggestions?

• Pierre actually had a very good game today. Won nearly every header (as always) and made 2 brilliant blocks to stop them going 2-0 up. His distribution was a bit better than normal too, and he looked a danger in the box. You can't really ask for more than that.

• Hearing he was provoked by 3 fans..

• Yes he played well and so did Jombati who is a far better CB than either Muller or WDH.