Skip to content

Match day thread: Notts County

124»

Comments

• On a completely different tack, anyone know who the Chinese/eastern sports team were who were sat in the family stand yesterday. Think they turned up at half time. All in matching blue tracksuits. All got on a coach at the end but didn't get a chance to see their badges.

• In the country to see a quality game of football apparently.

But the game they were intending to see was called off, so had to come here in stead.

I'm jesting..no idea

• Probably lost a game and their manager issued the ultimate punishment to sit down and watch us!

• @braywanderer said:
    It's meant in jest please don't take offence

Non taken a was walking to the pub with wycombe lads on way back and them and me all agreed the fact you didnt do the dangerous things like attack the flanks an whip balls in

@Twizz said:
    Stead30 Unlike braywanderer not all Wycombe fans feel the need to abuse others just because we perform badly. Ignore him and enjoy your victory - life's too short to have it any other way.

Cheers i respect youre sportsmanship

• . All in matching blue tracksuits. All got on a coach at the end but didn't get a chance to see their badges.

North Korean agents. The shell suits allow them to blend into the local populace completely unnoticed as they take a quick break from tunnelling into the RAF base.

• Pretty wise response booker and being a supporter, I have for a long time decided to whinge and bear it. However, any reasonable coaching team will realise that this level of performance and style of play (hoof ball), will only result in reduced attendances and revenue. Even the most faithful are starting to feel that our Saturdays are not the same any more. Also, it is very sad that we have to resort to this anti-football, as we really do have players who can play at this level.

• edited March 2017

The miserable run at the end of last season showed everyone that a rethink was needed, that Hayes and Thompson wasn't working as a front combo.
    At least Gaz did realise that if you're going to play a lot of high balls you need an absolute monster up front, and he got one.

However, we're now at a position where another rethink is needed.

How to make best use of Saunders, who still can be one of the stand out players in the league when fit, but still using Bayo's force.
    How likely is Kashket going to be to play a lot of games as well.
    What happens if Pierre and or Stewart go. We surely can't go into a season with Muller and WDH as a first choice.

Those elements I dare say will shape next season.
    We actually have a pretty excellent first X1 by league 2 standards when you look at the parts.

• Being without four players (Kashket, PCH, Hayes and Southwell) who, after Bayo, are the most likely goalscorers in the present squad as well as the first-choice central defenders is a massive blow, especially when Bayo himself is plainly struggling with injury. I have a feeling that a fully fit Bayo would have headed in at least one of those inviting crosses from the left in the second half.