Skip to content

Match day thread: Notts County

Comments

• COME ON WYCOMBE!

• i would happily accept a scrappy and lucky 1-0 with the amount of players we have missing for this game.

• The only player we know for sure will be missing is PCH unless I myself have missed something. Chin up robin!

• I meant our long term injured mate but i read earlier GA expects most to be fit again within 2 weeks just Stewart is not expected to play again this season.

• Nice to have Hayes, Wood and Bloomfield back on the bench. No Pierre or Southwell tho...

Here's the team then for this afternoon's game - Max Muller & Alex Jakubiak come in for Aaron Pierre and Dayle Southwell #WYCvNOT pic.twitter.com/PFFTmii7e7

— Wycombe Wanderers (@wwfcofficial) March 25, 2017
  • Absolute dross. Why are we hoofing it at this point in the season, when we have nothing to lose?

Let's go for it, and put it on the deck. If we lose, at least we tried.

• Pure dog squeeze football.

• Not the greatest first half I've seen

• @EwanHoosaami - You do dog squeeze a disservice

• Sorry to say but that was close to the worst game of football I have seen at AP. I cannot remember their keeper making a save. Terrible hoof ball with no variation whatsoever. Their goal was so soft, with Stead walking past three players and Amiobi unmarked in the middle. They looked very comfortable throughout as we were no threat at all.

• GA making comments about missing players. I really hope 'The Club' doesn't tell him anything about the injuries to players as well. I would hate to think it was just us fans who were kept in the dark.

• I can see why they are where they are in the league. The goal aside, which seemed more us letting them score than them creating a goal, they looked bang average.

The biggest crime? We were worse. A lot worse. A turgid display.

Ref moan: if that wasn't a pen, why was Weston only booked when remonstrating with the ref? That was as clear but to my eyes as anything. But going on the rules It was either a pen, or a booking for diving. The ref and linesman all bottled any decision. An absolute disgrace to the "profession".

• Cheers lads my day in wycombe was ace few pints with the wycombe lads banter an a few pints in the hour glass proper nice land lady

The game was even better was very dissapointed by youre lot they hardly posed a threat

• Hardly, do you mean never!

• I fell asleep every time you lumped it to our centre backs i thought for a team wanting to fight fot the play offs youre abysmal we could of easly had 2 or 3 i was dissapointed but youre fans are the friendliest ive ever met

• That must be the worst display by a Wycombe midfield for many years, absolutely clueless.

• Atrocious. Took 3 mates today and they won't be coming back.

• I hear that they have a new line in the club shop, neck braces with the WWFC logo on then.

• Should have kept the cheerleaders on at half-time and sent our "team" home; it would have been a damned sight easier on the eye than the hoofball we had to endure.

• I was lookin at clock panicing when it got to 60 mins i was like why arent wycombe throwing everything at us an i was amazed at how you hardly made our goalie make a save at all

• It have to say - it was nice to see the Notts County Fan get involved with the time wasting in the 12th minute. A
    True 12th man if ever I saw one.

• Dreadful performance. I got so annoyed with my own moaning that I left 15 minutes before full time. Last time I did that it was Stevenage away

• Miles Weston voted man of the match. I would have given it to Shaun the groundsman.

• Clueless. I'm sure all those guests who came along on the five quid ticket deal will be flocking back.

• We could of gave you a extra 10 mins you wouldnt of scored or had a shot

• My lad took his mate Ben. Ben thought he was done and his ticket was free!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks stead, you've been great but now you've got home without being robbed, stabbed, or blow up by a jihadi why don't you give it a rest?

• Highlight of the day was the half time penalty kicks, at least they made me smile.
    Several had true Wycombe potential ......

• Another one of those incentive games that we always fall foul of - I doubt any new observers will return after that extremely disappointing display of so called football !
    Still - I always like the matches against Notts County at their ground - I love Meadow Lane and the history that goes with Notts County - it looks like another visit there next season unless something dramatically changes on our part !!