Skip to content

EFL survey - Wycombe

Dear Wycombe fans,

Much has been made over the past year of the extreme differences in fortunes between clubs in the Football League. With that in mind, we - Daily Mail journalists Tom Farmery and Sam Morshead - have set out to gain a comprehensive view of fans’ feelings at the way their club, other clubs and the EFL in general is being run.
We hope that you can spend two minutes of your time completing your respective club’s survey - survey below, enabling us to get data which we can then put to key figures in the EFL and government about the state of the game in this country.
If you have further thoughts and opinions on any of the topics mentioned, please also feel free to email [email protected] or [email protected]
Thank you for your time

Notes to Trust board members… if anyone is willing and able to speak to us on the subject of their own club, ownership in general or the EFL’s role as a guardian, please get in touch via [email protected]
When circulating among your membership, we would appreciate it if you only passed on the relevant link to your team, to avoid any cross-contamination or trolling that may occur.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/FN6VTZD

Comments

• Daily Mail "journalists"

Fixed that for you.

• Disgraceful rag. No thanks.

• When I click the link it says EFL fan survey: Grimsby. Is this correct?

• Very amateurish survey.

• That's given me a laugh: they tell us not to circulate the link for our club outside of our own membership to avoid cross-contamination, but then give us the Grimsby link themselves.

Proof that the Daily Mail journalists are no more professional than those of the Coventry Telegraph.

• You lost me at Daily Mail.

• Please @Uncle_T, place "journalists" in double quotes when referring to the Daily Mail.

• @drcongo (sic) surely?

And probably a typo. EDL more likely

• I want to see a survey from the Trust to its members, not from the Daily Mail

• @tomfarmery Hey Tom, I have a feeling the Grimsby returns may be a little unrepresentative...

• Why bother asking fans for their views. Why not just follow standard Daily Mail policy and blame everything on immigrants?

• One of my favourite Gasroom threads for a while!

• Don't forget to include some kind of inflammatory polemic about how many terrorists come from High Wycombe when you write the article. Don't change a winning formula lads.

• This has been lovely to see. The gasroom united against a hateful rag

Well done all

• Take your filthy questionnaire and shove it up Katie Hopkins' arse.

• Time to post this link again I think

• Daily Fail - joke of a newspaper. I absolutely loathe everything about that rag.

• edited March 2017

I suspect there are piles of old issues of the Mail at Dev's house!

• Screw the Daily Hiel.

It neatly summarises everything that is wrong with our backward looking 'little England' mentality.

• Always find it interesting when people have such a strong view about something they don't read, watch or see.

• Oh, has the Mail turned into a bastion of liberal tolerance suddenly?

• Results of the survey are in already! Apparently, football both causes and cures cancer, has a negative effect on house prices, killed princess Diana, and is all the fault of immigrants. Especially brown ones.

• No idea. I don't read it and don't get angry about it. Just interested in how people do seem to know what is being peddled without actually reading it.

• I see the front page of the Mail every morning on my way to work; that and the odd linked article I see from it are more than enough of a reminder/confirmation of its nature. Mocking a couple of Mail journos on here hardly equates to getting angry about it. Although given the way the rag perpetuates so much hatred and prejudice to such a wide audience on a daily basis, people should be angry.

• People should be angry about the newspaper or the stories they are printing? Sounds like alot of anger to me.

• @Right_in_the_Middle I've never seen the film Cannibal Holocaust but I know enough about it to be able to make a reasonable judgement that I wouldn't enjoy it; and to be angry that it exists at all. I don't need to watch it to have an entirely legitimate strong view.

• "angry about the newspaper or the stories they are printing?"

I don't see the distinction really? If a newspaper regularly churns out bottom of the barrel trash and hateful bile, can I not dislike the newspaper as a whole?

Or do I have to note down which articles I particularly disliked, and for the sake of balance find a few which I thought were OK and send them to you?

• @Chris Not really sure what you are trying to tell me. Shoud I watch Cannibal Holocaust?
    I've heard the title before but have no idea about it and no strong view either way.

That's pretty much my point.

• If you're not angry, you're not paying attention.

I highly recommend Nick Davies' book Flat Earth News if you fancy feeling a bit more informed.

• @Right_in_the_Middle Your entire point is a logical fallacy. I presume you've never tried cutting your own knackers off with a spoon either, but you've likely got a fairly strong opinion on whether you'd like to or not.