Skip to content

My Least Favourite Manager (worse even than Graham Westley)

13»

Comments

• @DevC said:
    The Gasroom really has reached a new low today.
    Aloysius post on the other thread was gormless, "Deano"'s ignorant and moronic.
    One day many of us will be relying on intellects such as these to fund our pensions.
    God help us all.

Please tell us which post by @aloysius you are referring to Dev. I've never read anything by him that was remotely gormless.

• Plymouth preview thread 605pm. Honest opinion Micra if you please.

• I anticipated that it was that one. I'll be honest and admit that I'm not always too sure what formation we are playing but what I do know is that playing an out and out striker wide and having a whirling dervish, a headless chicken and a seemingly tired and disinterested former wide player in a midfield being constantly by-passed did not seem very effective or attractive on Saturday.

I just hope the management team show a bit more imagination and flexibility tonight. The predictability and reluctance to change formation/make earlier substitutions has been a regular source of frustration for some time.

• @deanoblue I've been reading through the case again to refresh my memory.

I see he was sentenced to some time in prison, and was released on a few legal conditions, as well as being given a driving ban.

However, I can't find the bit where a judge condemned him to receive a lifetime of foul abuse from uninvolved third parties. Can you point me to that in the court records please?

Cheers.

Muppet.

• Interesting that Dev has not responded to this. I'm sure that aloysius was reacting as others were on Saturday to the obvious need to change the formation to enable Dayle Southwell to play centrally alongside Bayo Akinfenwa. I would not describe as gormless what was probably a slightly tongue in cheek suggestion that 4-4-2 might have produced more goals. During the unbeaten run the formation was fluid (as it often is) and I am not hung up on those descriptions. On Saturday it seemed obvious to most that adjustments needed to be made (a) to enable a different approach and (b) to get an out and out goalscorer playing more centrally.
    But, unless you were there, you would not have been aware of that need.

• I refer to my post of 12.13am of course not Bill Stickers offering.

• I did respond Micra, but to your post on the other thread. Replying here too just compounds the confusion that to be fair I initiated.

You will see from my response that I rather excessively angrily confirmed my view that Aloysious's original post in my view was remarkable for its complete absence of any gorm whatsoever.

I'll trust what I consider to be an exceptional manager to make the right tactical choices more often than not.

• Fair enough Dev but I like aloysius and enjoy his posts and I was particularly disappointed with your angry response.
    I now look forward to this evening's game with fingers crossed that Mr Ainsworth makes the right personnel and tactical choices.

• That particular post is pretty indefensible. You might well agree with the conclusion that in the current circumstances 4-4-2 is better than 4-3-3, I can see that but don't agree with it.

But the idea that we'd have somehow won better using 4-4-2 rather than 4-3-3 during the unbeaten run is pure grass is always greener idiocy.

• All I am saying is that, when you have PCH and Woody playing narrow and an out and out striker playing wide and it isn't working, it seemed to me and many around me that adjustments were needed.
    I don't subscribe to rigid 4-4-2 type descriptions but use it to suggest how the general (but fluid) shape might be changed.

• For the record I wasn't describing a view that 442 would be better this evening as lacking in gorm, nor whether it would have been sensible to change formation midway through the draw on Saturday (how would I know). The cry of the English football supporter for 442 whenever times are hard however is pretty gorm-deficient and his comment on the unbeaten run was in my opinion a completely gorm free zone.

Lets hope, despite playing a team far richer than us that has won 2/3 of its league away games with a far deeper squad and despite our long injury list, that somehow a decent result is achieved tonight and that you feel a little more gruntled and consolate come 945 this evening.

• @deanoblue Nobody condones his appalling actions just because they don't feel chanting 'murderer' at someone actually makes that much difference in a football match. I am sure he will get those chants for the rest of his career so your contempt can be voiced.