Skip to content

My Least Favourite Manager (worse even than Graham Westley)

Comments

• I wonder what the deal is with the Wycombe ball boys. They seem to ignore the ball whether we are winning, drawing or losing. Asking them to catch it and throw it back is a stretch even at the best of times.

• There was a lad on the Woodland side near the halfway line at the last home game who seemed singularly reluctant to get off his collapsible stool. Of his own volition no doubt.

• I've noticed that Righty. The one down the Woodlands side at the Crawley game was definitely not getting the ball whilst we were 1-0

Would be pretty shameful if they've actually been instructed to do that

• Would be pretty annoying if we are actually paying these lazy sods.

• It can be hazardous being a ballboy

• Yes, it hardly makes for fast flowing football when a fat bloke in the crowd can get the ball back for a throw-in faster than the youngling sat at the side of the pitch. I wonder if they've actually been told they are ball-boys/girls or do they just think they got a really good ticket?

• Orient player got a 6 match ban for pushing a Plymouth ball "boy" - well 17 year old - just the other week.

Adams admission that they are trained to not give the ball back when the home team are winning rather puts that into context.

Is winning at all costs really worth it?

• Adams is a cunt

• When I were a lad ballboys were youth players on the books of the club so not paid

• Adams might be wording what a lot of managers do themselves, but surely he deserves some sort of misconduct charge for that!

• There are very few people I despise in life he Is one of them. I hope we give him a warm welcome at AP

• @braywanderer said:
    There are very few people I despise in life he Is one of them. I hope we give him a warm welcome at AP

We alway do.

• Westley got two tough away games to save his neck. Due to the national dislike of the man, there won't be room to swing a cat in the standing area of the 'virtual gallows'.

• Todays whine in the local rag is that the kit is "too green" and that's why they have lost a couple of evening home games.

At the risk of getting all Keeganish, I will love it if they stay down. Love it.

• @DevC said:
    Todays whine in the local rag is that the kit is "too green" and that's why they have lost a couple of evening home games.

At the risk of getting all Keeganish, I will love it if they stay down. Love it.

Before reading this, watching Goal Rush highlights on Saturday, I was struck by the way their kit blended into the pitch / empty seats at away end. Valid concern for them, such a shame.

• Didn't Alan Smith make similar comments about our famous quarters, prior to the introduction of the weird stripey/quartery kit in 1996?

• Smith was an utter ****! That toothpaste type kit was an abomination.

• @micra, a few teenagers chanting abuse, from 100metres away, that can barely be heard outside the terrace isn't exactly Galatasaray is it.

The only truly ferocious "welcomes" I can ever remember us giving at home were to Smith in the Palace friendly, and to Mickey Bell the first couple of times.

Ah Mickey Bell, all that optimism heading into the season, ruined by him jumping ship.

• Who was that player that was all set to sign for us back in about 2006/2007 and then decided to join Hereford instead. Chris Carruthers? I remember him getting dogs abuse at Edgar Street - I actually felt sorry for him! Think we lost 1-0 and they went up via the playoffs to League 1.

• Talking of Hereford - some of their fans haven't been making themselves very popular in the Southern league - their game at Didcot on Saturday was abandoned in the 87th minute after Bulls fans ran on the pitch and attacked the Didcot keeper, sparking a mass brawl. Ridiculously it kicked off after Hereford had just taken the lead.

• Have a soft spot for Hereford, and it's horrible to see how they have fallen. It doesn't seem that long ago they were top of league 2 and then making a fist of it in league 1. Could happen to any club though, plenty of examples now.

On a happier note, Plymouth losing at home as we speak. Imagine how quickly they'll have the ballboys throwing it on now!

• 2-0 down at home to Blackpool now.
    Surely they can't bottle a great position another year in a row!

• 3-0 now.

• Let's hope Blackpool have run themselves ragged tonight! And Plymouth are still shellshocked by next week.

Wonder if we had anyone at the game, being quite a rare occurrence of us having a free night the same night our next 2 rivals play each other

• edited March 2017

• @ReadingMarginalista - beg pardon. Bitte?

• edited March 2017

I posted something in the wrong thread but couldn't delete the post. Just a bit ring rusty on here after a bit of an absence.

• Wasn't he given two games to save his job only a few days ago? Bizzare.