Skip to content

Match day thread: Grimsby

13»

Comments

• Most players from both teams didn't realise a player was down let alone understand the nature surrounding his injury (1 town player who was closest to him reacted but only when the ball was already crossing the line). No one obviously had any idea that a player was down and seriously hurt. Cowan-Hall was even facing the other way so obviously played on, so nobody in their right mind could possibly attach any blame to Wycombe regarding the incident. With that in my mind I didn't appreciate their managers comments attributed to him on twitter where he indirectly questioned our sportsmanship about playing on; am sure if it was reversed the outcome would be the same.

• Sorry didn't realise I had to check with you before I do anything in my life.

• This forum can be akin to the Stepford Wives at times;-)

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    Great result and delighted to win. However some of you do not like options...these are MY opinions which people do not have to agree with...however to be constantly attacked is pathetic

Are you now suggesting that your opinions are not open to question?

Serious questions for you. Why would you post opinions that are often quite knee-jerk on a public message board and expect not to get a reaction? Isn't a bit of debate / cut and thrust the whole point of a message board? What's the point of posting if no-one's allowed to react without being called a cyber bully?

• @ValleyWanderer an exploration of male fear of feminism?

• @Malone said:
    You leave my granddad alone!
    He's just likes to get to know new posters. Height, whether they're a nice chap etc

Sorry Malone. If I'd known he was your grandad I'd have been more circumspect.

• @aylesbury Blue. The Referee was just outside the D for the free kick and at the point that Paris was turning to strike his kick goalwards the ref is to the right of Paris and appears to be shading his eyes from "sunlight". He certainly was not looking towards the Goalposts at that moment.

• @Glenactico said:
    On the subject of giving the ball back when the opposition puts it out for an injury, I applaud Grimsby for taking the attacking throw. It is up to the referee to stop the game for serious injury not the players. The only circumstance in which the ball should be given back is if one team puts it out for an opposition player to receive treatment. If we were in the same situation as Grimsby today and gave the ball back to the opposing keeper I'd be furious.

Blackman didn't throw the ball out of play until the ref told him to. As soon as he did, Müller got up. Quite unsporting of Grimsby to take an attacking throw.

• Completely changing the subject, the club have gone quiet on the letting us know the time scale of the injurys

• Any insider's?

• The club have always been quiet on injuries for fairly obvious reasons - alerting rivals.

• I think not telling the fans the nature of a players injury is treating them with contempt.

No problem with estimated times out being kept secret but to simply not know why some of our players are missing week after week is poor after using this tactic for some more shady reasons for players being missing.

• @Wwfc2015_ Can I suggest you keep your options close to your chest until the 90 minutes of a football match are over...then people will not just think you are a misery who seems to joyfully post doom and gloom at the first opportunity and respond with righteous anger and frustration. Also people having different options to you is not cyberbullying or abuse.

• @Malone After the col u defeat at home we were told the scale of the injurys

• @bigred87 Last week on three counties Gareth said Hayes and Stewart were a couple of weeks away and Scott Kashlet longer than that. So he seems to be keeping it quiet via the medium of answering questions about it in interviews. @Right_in_the_Middle As for the nature of the injuries all I need to know is if someone is playing or not. If there is a shady reason - a legal one for example - then they perhaps have to keep it quiet. Other than that...he's got a bad knee/groin/hamstring surely is of no great importance for us to know? Unless you think Hayesy is not playing because he's laying Mr Howard's crazy paving, of course.

• I hope "laying Mr Howard's crazy paving" isn't a euphemism for something unspeakable.

• @MindlessDrugHoover if it was then that would be a legal issue.

• @Wendoverman said:
    MindlessDrugHoover if it was then that would be a legal issue.

@Wendoverman said:
    MindlessDrugHoover if it was then that would be a legal issue.

That's it then, QED.
    From talking to other fans, listening to commentary and interviews on Player, tapping in to Facebook and Gasroom and occasional chats with players I get a rough idea of what's going on and, beyond that, as @Wendoverman suggests, I'm not sure that it should matter too much.
    The one injury I would like to know more about (in particular the likely duration) is the one which has been afflicting Kashket for months. I don't think it unrealistic to suggest that his absence for much longer will be the difference between making the playoffs or not.

• Anyone else got double vision?

• @micra that's why I'm not playing on Saturday...but keep it quiet.

• Anyone else got double vision?> @Wendoverman said:

micra that's why I'm not playing on Saturday...but keep it quiet.

I blame this fiddly little iPhone which struggles to communicate with the BT hub located in the West Wing. Never sure if it's done its bit.