Skip to content

Match day thread: Accrington

Comments

• @rmjlondon , what's strange in suggesting 2 guys right at the end of their careers, who have started about 2 games between them in 3 or 4 months are backup players?

• Shocking looking weak lineup.

It can surely only mean we win a game and get the season back on the rails!

• Southwell not in the Lincoln squad tonight

• Just the one shot so far..............

• What a surprise losing again. Such a poor line up tonight. Negative. Get nothing more than we deserve

• Get that anti football fellow out

• 1-0 down. Right on HT.

• For a strong squad I can't help but look at the line up tonight and think mnnn.

Whats up with Weston now?

• Where's Saunders?

• Stewart, Pierre, O Nien, Gape, Hayes, Saunders, Kashket not playing.

This is very reminiscent to early season, so no surprise the results are not coming.

• Be gentle on him; he played at least 10 minutes on Saturday.

• 7 shots to Acy 1 to Wyc. Says it all. What has gone wrong? I hope that this is the low point & that we can turn it around in the 2nd half. I live in hope.

• I also fear that Gape and PCH have caught Harriman syndrome. When the loan becomes permanent a player form seems to dip to make them unrecognisable.

• Lets get to the point ainsworth needs to go, hes not god he hasn't parted the ocean, hes done his job and we've been happy when he wins but no ones ever been on here saying "Great football we played today really knocked it about" the football is absolute shit his time has to be up theres absolutely no entertainment its horrible to watch even when we are winning, im sure hes a lovely bloke and gone about it the right way etc. fucking narrowing the pitch wtf almost saying "i want us to play the most unattractive football possible....................iv been watching wycombe since the mid 90s and iv never seen football like this, the love of the club keeps me watching

• God or moses

• Did you miss the Smith spell? A lot of the Lambert and Taylor games?A lot of the Sanchez end times?
    All pretty dire.

But football fans love to give it out that something is either the "best ever", or "worst ever"

• @Malone said:
    Stewart, Pierre, O Nien, Gape, Hayes, Saunders, Kashket not playing.

This is very reminiscent to early season, so no surprise the results are not coming.

That's quite a septet. You could add Southwell to that list. (Someone said elsewhere that he's not in the Lincoln squad tonight - due back at the weekend so I hope he's not injured!)

• @Malone this has to be the worst football we've played since iv been going, i cant understand how anyone can stick up for the style its painful.

• @Right_in_the_Middle The Harriman thing was fairly well noted that last year his form dramatically dipped once he'd signed properly. However, everyone's did after February, and maybe he was simply knackered from impressing on loan.

In terms of Gape, I don't think it's unfair to say he's not been as good as he was on loan - but like Harriman - that was when he was playing in an in form team. His performance away at Stevenage was terrible, and I think he's justifiably been dropped.

And surely we can agree that Bean can't pass a ball to save his life?

• Malone - I also remember the John Gorman days and the wonderful Martin O'Neil days. Please don't keep saying people are over reacting when they say on here that our style of football and tactics are pretty poor. 2 wins out of our last 13 says it all. We are poor!
    We also signed a player in Saunders who GA doesn't seem to know where to fit him in.

• The Harriman we had on loaned bombed up the wing shooting and crossing for fun.
    The Gape we had on loan was breaking up the opposition midfield and making cutting passes linking the midfield with the attack.
    PCH was taking on players and making runs into the box scoring frequently with his head.
    What happened to these styles of play I don't know as there is no lack of effort.

• Where would we be without the beast !

• Harriman, Gape and PCH have now been fully "wycombised". Fortunately the Beast is now to old to change!

• Anyway smile, we are 2-1 up. H

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @fromtheside im not hating im clearly saying the football is awful

• Give Bayo and hayes the job

• @Blue_since_1990 , i'd accept that kind of opinion, if people were still saying it when enjoying our winning run. But I don't recall too many moans then.

I'm not sure how many teams in league 2 play the luxurious football some on here seem to think is possible.

Gorman's team definitely played in the right way, but I dare say that was the biggest budget we've had in 20 years as a league team. And I remember the pure frustration from the time that we drew way too many games, and couldn't see enough games off. "Be nastier" was the theme. I even remember people saying we needed to bring in an "experienced" centre back in to replace one of Johnson and Williamson. 2 future Premier league defenders!
    Funny old game.

And I dare say you ignore the times O Neill teams had to dig deep and dirty. Scott, Evans, Cousins, Ryan Brown. These guys could put It in.