Skip to content

Dave Tarpey

Comments

• Thanks Vital for pointing out my mistake. I was at the game with a Maidenhead supporting friend who told me his name. He clearly doesn't know his own players!! The guy I was referring to was number 4

• Weren't we rumoured to be after Parkinson not so long ago?

• Also, a useful context is that Elliot Benyon scores regularly at conference south level

• edited March 2017

as ahem, did Southwell at the northern equivalent. Ahem.

• @eric_plant Have you seen Dave Tarpey play?

I've seen him about a dozen times now and rate him highly.

Low centre of gravity, quick, turns on a sixpence and deadly in front of goal. The sort of forward big, lumbering defenders hate. Bit like Kashket really.

• yes, I think he's really good

• Then why haven't we signed him. !!!

• Probably doesn't want to be Wycombised!

• Tarpey actually took on an agent to try and get him a move to a League club in the last transfer window but nothing materialised.

No idea whether they got any bids but my guess would be that Maidenhead would have taken some convincing to let him go given their league position, especially as his age is probably going to deter any really high bids.

May be a different story in the summer. I'd love to see him at AP.

Kashket and Tarpey operating off Bayo would be a really mouth watering prospect.

• Why would he come to us? He is probably working and gets a good wage from Maidenhead. They look to be about to go up to the National League and have an excellent manager who likes to play good football. He will probably have lots of offers in the summer, so good luck to the lad.

• Because he doesn't have to move very far from home is about the only benefit I can see for us over other League teams.

• edited March 2017

Why would he come to us? Because we're a league side, and it doesn't look like he's been smothered in offers. And i don't give any credence to the flimsy "Maidenhead wouldn#t want to lose him when they're going well". When has that ever stopped any transfer in the lower levels?

We're local, we have great facilities for the division, and a world above conference south, and we have a manager players like to play under.

Let's see what happens eh?

• What you have to consider Malone is that he may just be getting more money with a full time job and part-time football money. I also feel that with the National league on the horizon, he may be better off where he is.

• Yep, could be a big risk, but then it's one hell of a dream to be a pro footballer.

No-one really seems to know his job situation. I've seen it suggested that he's a "director" of his own company by someone, but then also heard elsewhere he's "had the discussion" with his boss about how a move may come off.

I can't actually see us being relevant to it anyway, as with Paris, Kashket, Bayo, Weston and Southwell just for 5 who will be here next year, is there room? I've not even mentioned Hayes who has next year on his deal too.

• But we don't know whether Kashket will be fit enough, Paris is very injury prone, Bayo is a year older and Southwell has as yet not shown he is good enough.

• I thought Bayo's contract was up this summer.

• @HCblue said:
    I thought Bayo's contract was up this summer.

He has the option of a further year and, not too long ago, was talking about taking it up.

• @micra Oh, OK. Cool!

• "That's what I want to do. Every player wants to play as high as they can."

Tarpey confirms his ambition to play in the football league.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04xrsvn

• Think our club may be getting the impression that a good many fans would be very pleased to see Tarpey in the quarters!

• Not under the present regime if he want to go forward in his career!.

• Fuck off Brittany you tedious, snivelling little wretch.

• Hello bill- stickers i like you too..

• Now now children!

• Tarpey plundered his fourth hat trick of the season taking his goal tally to 41 in the 5 1 away win at Bath City. I've seen him play, he is a class act..surely he would be worth a punt. Remember where Sergio came from....

• His overall scoring record is no better than Southwell's at Boston and is a lot older.

• Watch YouTube compilations of Tarpey vs Southwell.

Southwell is a typical lower league poacher who takes advantage of poor defending at that level by popping up at the right place and getting tap ins. Not knocking his style or general ability by the way.

Tarpey is the real deal. Creates something out of nothing with skill and finesse.

• @bill_stickers I've never seen him play so cannot comment on his skill, but given our current favoured style of play, do you think he would fit in any better than so many of the other 'skilled' players we have had recently?

• Until we start consistently playing passing football I am not sure that someone like Dave Tarpey would benefit us or vice versa.