Skip to content

Dave Tarpey

Has Dave Tarpey really scored 25 goals this season!!

Comments

• No he's scored 34.

• With Kasket injured and Southwell out on loan he would have been a very good signing !!!

• They would probably have wanted money for him.

• It has a;ready been reported here that he prefers to play at that level, having a job that he wants to keep. As long as that is the case discussing this is a waste of time.

• Correct @wingnut by all accounts he has a decent job and salary which we could not match.

• I'm not so sure about that. I read an article in the NLP a couple of weeks back where Tarpey said he still harbours ambitions of playing in the football league. If Maidenhead don't go up this season then I would be very surprised if he was still with them next season wherever that may be.

• @Cecil Yep, I saw a video interview where he said the same thing.

• He said similar in the FLP towards the end of last year - saying he'd consider any offer to play pro football and had spoken to his (day job) boss about the possibility.

• Interesting to see that the player whose record he broke was Adam Birchill.
    When we had him on loan you couldn't see him scoring too many!

• I thought he was great.

• I don't knowif my memory is going, or if stats don't tell the whole story, but seems to have scored 4 in 12 games for us in the league.

Michael Mahoney Johnson scored a couple though, so it's not always a guide.

• It was when Adams was manager wasn't it? 4 in 12 is the equivalent of over 10 goals a season which in a side that was very much struggling is not a bad return, even if not one that indicated future record breaking abilities.

• One in three is generally regarded as par for a striker.

• Another 2 by half time for Maidenhead tonight, as they lead Oxford 3-0.

Ebbsfleet are 2-0 up at home too, and with 1 point between them and about 7 games left, we've got the sort of finish we saw with ourselves and Colchester all those years ago a level higher.

Hope both go up really!

• Ebbsfleet 6 up, Maidenhead 5up.
    Going to the wire, and the 2 meet up very late on at maidenhead's place.
    Shame Wycombe have a home that day, as that'd be a hell of a clash

• Maidenhead were excellent tonight. 6-1 winners against an Oxford City side containing Scott Davies. The evergreen Jefferson Louis scored for Oxford.

• 6-1 Maidenhead and 8-0 Ebbsfleet, but neither match topped the night's goal count in the National South - that went to Eastbourne's 7-3 win against Welling. Quite a night for goals.

• I went to watch Maidenhead tonight and was very impressed with them. Tarpey took his first goal extremely well...very much a player playing with confidence. Was also impressed with their midfielder Ryan Upward. Strong in the tackle but also very composed on the ball. Hopefully they can see the job through and gain promotion. That game against Ebbsfleet should attract a sizeable 2000+ crowd.

• Was that you with the Wycombe carrier bag?

• Nope, not me.

• @Cecil Upward wasn't playing last night, he was out injured. The two central midfielders were Comley (ex Crystal Palace) and Parkinson (on loan from Dover).

Comley oozes class.

• Who was the winger who ghosted through the defence before laying it on a plate for Tarpey's 2nd?

Cracking piece of skill.

• Sounds pretty exciting. They also seem to have a very good manager and play some good football. Good for them, I hope they get promotion.

• @Cecil , strange to quote a fairly unknown player by name rather than "the Maidenhead centre mid", and then actually bE informed by someone that they weren't playing!
    I did LOL

• @Croider That was James Mulley.

• Crikey. Sign him now, better than any player currently in our squad.

• 38 goals and yet he takes all the corners.

• That defending on 1.54
    It would be interesting to see how he'd do againt league 2 defences, as some of that defending looks abysmal.