Skip to content

Match day thread: Coventry (EFL Trophy)

Comments

• I quite enjoy the challenge of guessing which way the ball is going to go when Bean heads it.

• what a load of shit

• Here they come, the miserable ones....

Signs of life in the last 10. My money's on 2-2 and a win on penalties.

• Drone army out in force already.

• Sorry chaps

• Bean is definitely struggling. O'nien anonymous. Saunders looks off the pace. WDH also lacking a bit of pace. Half time subs.... Bean for Bayo. Muller for WDH.

• It definitely improved as players got used to where they were playing and who was near them. Have to think it might run a little smoother with Saunders in the middle where he can run the game.

If nothing else it makes me happy that we don't have the Wasps issue anymore.

• With two strikers out of the squad and two more on the bench carrying knocks, was it really sensible to let Southwell go on loan? He didn't need much time to regain match sharpness, scoring 10 mins into his stay at Lincoln. I would far prefer to see him upfront with one of Thompson or Weston than those two playing together.

• I'm not part of the drone army, but there's not much to praise about this is there? It's a good run out and given the pitch and injuries the result thus far is understandable.

• Whilst I get people moaning about the pitch, it is the same for both teams... And we have played on pitches similar/worse this season

• Completely agree about Southwell 2 wingers up front isn't ideal. We've got a bit unlucky with the first goal and Weston should have pulled one back still a chance hopefully it won't cost us another injury

• Beast on for second half

• Not much of an atmos at the holiday inn.

Out for second half, come on boys!

• Great goal Bayo

• beans quality

• @bigred87 said:
    beans quality

No such thing as a shade of grey for you, is there?

• Weston super mare.

• Coventry players reduced to 'doing a Wycombe' and rolling around at every opportunity.

Amusing to see our support purple with rage about it!

• (S)orry lads I'll pretend and lie

• @bigred87 are you actually there to lend your support big red? Is it shit or is it dogshit?

• @Wendoverman said:
    bigred87 are you actually there to lend your support big red? Is it shit or is it dogshit?

Strictly a sofa critic I reckon

• I'm sitting on a chiltern train and it sounds like a decent fight back after early disappointment to me!

• Pot calling kettle

• The way these Coventry fans are treating it like a champions league final is quite embarrassing.

• It's a school night don't forget

• edited February 2017

Not really @bigred87 I was just wondering if you were there to see the shit or just revelling in the shit from afar.You know I always love your in depth analysis win or lose bigred. A) that was shit. B) that was not shit

• Well there we go chin up boys it's not a big deal could someone tell cov fans they haven't won the champions league

• what a complete load of shit wendy

• Heigh Ho! So Coventry fans have got to decide whether or not to boycott Wembley now then.