Skip to content

Coventry Away in the other cup

1235»

Comments

• Certainly don't disagree on Bayo, he's the one they'll have to manage the most over this testing run of fixtures.

Wouldn't totally surprise me to see him start on the bench. If so, I'm sure we'll see him on for a good chunk of the second half unless things are going really well.

• People rating this cup the same or lower than the B&B!

Even though that was largely non league gubbins, regional, and had prize money that made every other season's version of the Checkatrade look like some kind of lotto win! This cup is obviously higher.

Bayo is the absolute key man to keep well over the rest of the season. We've seen that he is absolutely essential to our current style. Saunders coming in should help us play another way at least, but if we have to rest Bayo for most of the midweeks to ensure he plays weekends,so beit.

• Recently I watched a tennis match lasting over 5 hours and involving a 38 year old. How long would most (younger) footballers last? Plus the winner had to play another match the day after.

• Ah the old Tennis chestnut.

A sport where you need to sit down for a few mins every few mins, and consecutive spells of play often last about 10seconds, if that.
    Throw in no physical contact, and it's a different world entirely.

• Yes and don't forget all those bananas. No wonder they need to visit the bog at the end of each set.

• @wingnut most professional footballers would be pretty fresh at the end

• GA will play the strongest team he can on Tuesday, but there will be a number of absentees, through injury, tiredness and in the case of Gape and the new guy, being cup tied.

• The new guy is Alex Jakubiak.

• edited February 2017

How can Gape be Cup-tied?

• By playing for another team in the same competition.

• Southampton U23s to be precise.

• And Alex Jakubiak played for Fleetwood in the EFL Trophy in October. One of only 3 games he played for Fleetwood whilst on loan there.

• Of course, when I checked who else he'd played for trhis season, Southampton u23s never even crossed my mind!

• Surely we just have to play to win in whatever competition we are in? Whatever the rules I am sure GA will play a team to win the game without risking our league position. I reckon AH will be looking for another playoff final this year as well.

• Can you really describe it as a "professional cup" though?

• For those breaking the strike tomorrow do you know if it is essential to book car parking in advance or can one pay on the gate as it were?

• @Onlooker said:
    For those breaking the strike tomorrow do you know if it is essential to book car parking in advance or can one pay on the gate as it were?

I booked in advance as that seems like the only way.. £5.

• edited February 2017

Loving this on the Coventry fans forum. Hopefully (not for them) the front page of the Bucks Free Press on Wednesday will be ''Wycame. Wyscored, Wyconquered, We're off to Wembley!''

• 11,500 attended the semi final so it must mean something to them

• I truly hope they enjoy their big cup final day. Then weep tasty tears as they sink into the basement tier never to return

• That's an odd attitude given they'll be playing Oxford or Luton.

• Ah hang on, I was a bit hasty there. You want them to win

• According to Sky Wycombe have profited to the tune of £200,000 through this competition.
    That makes it very important.

• Aside from the 500 Club, I wonder how much unbudgeted money we've had in this season from the two cup runs - the FA Cup must have netted us a similar amount, if not more.

• also of course had the very large unbudgeted income from Jordan Ibe sell-on allowing the club to clear the very historic debts dating back to the pre-Hayes days and thereby saving a six figure annual cash outflow on debt repayment.

Memorable season on the pitch whatever happens in the next three months, but arguably off the pitch the best season in living memory.

• I'm glad you managed to get the "pre-Hayes" debt mention in there @DevC, wouldn't have been a true Dev post without it.

• Always glad to be of service, Doc. Would be a shame to allow the urban myths to become reality.