Skip to content

Coventry Away in the other cup

Comments

• we have called off a league game then again, probably good work considering they are in very good form so best to put it off for abit.

• Bucks Free Press
    Their report on this future fixture on the Web site, seems to think that we played our match against them at Coventry, rather than Adams Park. I suppose the Wasps factor got them confused. They did get the Score right, and also the fact they we haven't lost since.

• You're not suggesting it was our choice whether to play col or Cov on this night, rmj?

Quick glance at Cov website suggests they are very excited indeed. Home sell out very possible it seems. In pure financial terms, very good news indeed, in fact in cash terms may make more from this than the Spurs game.

Live exposure on TV too, (although can't see the away side getting much cash from TV).

And then hopefully a day out at Wembley to savour. Beginning to like this little trophy.

• Very out of Character for @DevC to jump on a bandwagon !!

• Now the academy teams have gone out there is no need to boycott surely. I will be going although confusing why they are saying the w/c 6th Feb when it is supposed to be w/c 21st.

• Ive no idea why its been moved as some of the other games haven't even been played yet.

• I do like the way some people are suddenly justifying their interests in this competition now that the academy teams are out and Wembley is in touching distance. The team should be supported no matter what competition.

• I am your classic glory supporter and will be expecting that I have a right to a ticket despite not attending any games so far!

• I am also suddenly thinking why this is a competition we need, it suddenly makes sense now, this is our only realistic chance for a cup win at our level!

• edited January 2017

@braywanderer said:
    I do like the way some people are suddenly justifying their interests in this competition now that the academy teams are out and Wembley is in touching distance. The team should be supported no matter what competition.

Not If supporting the team is supporting a competition which, in my opinion, could be a step on the road to the end of lower league football as we know it.

• I would have thought you would have a vague idea why the game has been "moved" , Ritchie, as I explained it to you a couple of posts higher.

Sky have a gap in their schedules. Pure uneducated guesswork of course, but I daresay the mighty chairboys might be filling it.

• I still have my ticket stub from the West Ham under 8's fixture, does this mean I will be in Window One for the semi ticket allocation?

• If you have a Checkatrade Membership Card™ you can purchase 2 tickets in window 1, but they will not be sat next to each other. Checkatrade Membership Card™ holders who have not purchased in window 1 will be able to buy one ticket in window 2 but that ticket will not be sat together and will be asked to move at half time. Season ticket holders who also have a Checkatrade purchase history can purchase 54 tickets in window 3 but these tickets will all have a restricted view as they will be seats in the lower tier of the Frank Adams.

• If I am reading the rules correctly my friend who is neither a fan nor really my friend, and his wife, neither of whom hold a Checkatrade Membership card and who make no games per year have to wait until the match officials have warmed up before being able to queue and ask for a ticket close to the toilets? Oh hang on, according to something just posted on Twitter...if they have a 1994 replica shirt and a pie they get both tickets and a seat on the team coach. Sorted.

• If you're really desperate for a ticket then window 0.5 is for people who have used Checkatrade to find someone to fit their windows, and you've always wanted double glazing...

• @Chris Ah, but window 0.5 is now not recognised due to a patch update. Has now become 0.5 1 whereby proof of a plumber used through the Checatrade website, however only if said plumber turned up on the day promised. Doesn't count if you took the day off work on Wednesday and he didn't turn up until Friday, when nobody was in!

• If you have ever bought windows through Checkatrade you can buy in Windows 95 Home Premium Edition but every ten minutes or so the game will freeze and you'll need to reboot.

• A truly shambolic article in GetBucks.

They state we are playing Cov U21s (not true), and the caption of Aaron Pierre reads Wycomve.

http://www.getbucks.co.uk/sport/football/news/coventry-city-u21s-stand-between-12510364

• Hope its the later date as i'm away for the w/c 6th.

• The shambles is Wycombe announcing that the match will be played w/c 6th February, and cancelling another match to accommodate it, while Coventry, the home team, are saying that the match will be played w/c 20th February.

You would think that the two sides should have come to an agreement on the date before cancelling others.

• Window one for week commencing 6th February.
    Window Three for the week commencing 20th.
    Cannot understand the problem.

• Which window for Colchester tickets?

• @Chris just causing needless confusion.

• @Username said:

It has been widely reported that this years format will be scrapped

• Fenêtre deux si on a visité Coutances

• It will be played on February 7 unless Wycombe draw with Tottenham.

• Confirmed as Tue 7 Feb, 7:30. Live on SkySports

• Anyone know how much we'll be paid for having the game live on Sky?

• It's a round figure, robin.