Skip to content

Gape and Blackman

Comments

• He played 4 games and was on the bench for the other (the most recent one)

• thanks @Bledlow_Blue . RMJ back to his original richiemayes style nonsense then.

• He was on the bench for the last two actually.

Came on late at Maidenhead on Sunday and had a couple of shots.

Tarpey scored again.

• Apologies, I had missed the second Maidenhead game.

For once I don't think we are in desperate need of another striker!

Speaking of strikers does anybody know when Southwell is likely to return?

• @Bledlow_Blue mid Jan I believe. Overheard GA speaking about it on Christmas Eve.

• was mostly sub.

• hardly set the world alight at that level, Luke O Nien on the other hand bossed it.

• Let's be serious you morons..... It's white bread with ketchup......
    Bloody amateurs

• The best bacon sandwich in London can be found at Dishoom in Shoreditch. Thick sliced bacon, with chilli jam in a naan bread.

• Now that sounds a thing of beauty!

• Drcongo, Nigel Farage would hate this

• @Bacon_Sandwich just think what Ed Milliband would make of it?

• Not that it matters, but why have you posted that?

• It surprised me that the 'Ed Miliband bacon sandwich photograph' has its own Wikipedia entry. And in response to the comment above.

I fully agree with sentiments expressed by Ed quoted in that article.

• And some people on here have the cheek to complain about other threads being derailed by people discussing things that relate to the match thread in question.

I keep looking at this thread for Gape & Blackman news, not bacon information. I'm off in a big old huff...

• edited January 2017

Club just confirmed in a tweet Gape loan not being extended.

• I don't remember seeing anything on the official Twitter thanking him for his time here, which is standard at the end of loans, which makes me think we're still trying to get him back. I live in hope anyway. Maybe I blinked and missed the message.

• edited January 2017

@NorthumberlandBlue . Current loan has ended yes, but that's not to say we're not trying to get him here for longer, whether it technically counts as a "new" loan.

Although @MindlessDrugHoover , Gape's tweet could barely have been more of a "Thanks and goodbye"

• Maybe but we usually post a "thanks for your time here and best of luck for the future" message as standard and there's not been one as far as I can see. As I say, maybe wishful thinking on my part but I can hope.

• "Ga confirmed he is doing all he can to extend his stay but if it can't be done, thanks to an outstanding young professional"

• Came on for 20 minutes on Sunday and looked good

• @Malone replied to a comment on page 2, without seeing page erm 3

• oh dear. I thought there was some strange scenario where Gape had gone back and played for his parent club at some level!

• Ainsworth still saying they're working to get Gape back. This from Twitter an hour ago:

• Really don't understand why Southampton wouldn't want him coming back on loan to us. Both Gape and McCarthy have definitely benefited from their loans and surely extending the loan would be good for everybody involved!

• I guess it will depend whether a club from a higher league offers an opportunity to take his development a stage further and will contribute more towards his employment than Wycombe.

• Kidology from Gaz? Either the deal is done and we get the big announcement on the team sheet to get the ground rocking, Glass Luz wrong footed; or he isn't coming back and he is trying to keep a positive vibe pre potential banana skin - or of course it could just be top of our agenda but only somewhere way down the list of a busy Premier League club?

• This is just another example of the silly transfer window. Surely if Southampton had been doing their homework on him they would have known what they wanted to do before the 1st of January. I never understand clubs who (on the outside) start to do their squad rebuilding process at the end of the month missing 4 or 5 games for the new player.