Skip to content

Match day thread: Notts County

13»

Comments

• Whet a cross from JJ for the first (and what a header from Akinfenwa). As others have said, how on earth is that a second yellow card for Akinfenwa? It seems some referees just don't 'get' him. Because players bounce off him because of his sheer physical presence they automatically assume it's a foul. Disappointing that he'll be missing next weekend as he really does seem to have become the fulcrum of our extremely potent attack. Hopefully Hayes will be fit as he can perform the same kind of role, just in a different way.
    Oh and that tosser number 2 is Matt Tootle. If anyone is on Twitter and fancies giving him some abuse/taking the p!ss, you can find him at @MattTootle...

• @Fidget - Before other posters on here follow your advice I would advise them that Matt Tootle has suffered severe depression over the last couple of years.

• @mooneyman said:
    Fidget - Before other posters on here follow your advice I would advise them that Matt Tootle has suffered severe depression over the last couple of years.

That is a horrible mental illness (having seen the effect on two family members) and, for that, he deserves sympathy but I'm not sure that it excuses his reaction to Bayo's red card. Presumably (and I genuinely can't remember from a quick look at the video earlier) his clapping was behind Mr Ilderson's back. Dreadful "sportsmanship".

• Let's just rise above the "revenge tweets", eh? Three points in the bag and the youtube video does show both reds as justifiable.

That said, Bayo was key for both goals and it will be interesting to see the side without him. Fantastic stuff from Kashket in the early stages, rounding three defenders and having his shot deflected... what a striker!

Looks like we are playing with confidence all over the park, fairly good football and a bit of strength in depth. IMHO we look like a team who could well do the business on anyone this season and sustain themselves in the league above.

Should the cash keep rolling in from the cups we might even throw off the "pauper" label and compeete as equals on any level.

COYB!!!!

• agree with @NorsQuarters . Some tosser has acted like a tosser, but our players have done well to not get involved, and we've got a great win.
    Move on, we're bigger than some no mark fullback.