Skip to content

Match day thread: Notts County

Comments

• I'm gutted. Got guest coming to Orient game and was looking forward to him seeing the Akinfenwa/Kashket combination.

• Let's hope Hayes is fit by next Saturday.

• Kashket only got one goal. Maybe he should be dropped next week.

• @Jonny_King said:
    Let's hope Hayes is fit by next Saturday.

Indeed.

• There's always Thommo of course but he never really cut the mustard in the middle.

• Definitely not his strongest position, but if Hayes is out then he's our best bet. Either that or drop a CM and revert to a 442.

• Akinfenwa can feel very unfairly treated. A lot of the 'fouls' against him were just superior strength and I have no idea what the second yellow was for. A simple 50/50 header. At worst a clash of heads but neither defender nor attacker to blame.

The ref was absolutely woeful. Odd decisions all afternoon. Failed to book diving and dissent. It says a lot that he gave two red cards for what appeared to be nothing at all.

Still, a good result and another decent performance. I thought Notts were poor and although the red card made it tough for them, played dreadfully in the second half.

• Notts number 2 model professional for akinfenwa's sending off.....

• Thoughts on those highlights

Great cross from JJ, but who else could have headed that in so well!

Ridiculous challenge from their man on Paris, leaping in both feet off ground, then feigning injury on the floor! Unusual to see a ref issuing a red while they're down though, thought the rule was they have to be upright...

Possible pull back on the defender from Paris on the 2nd goal? Go against you when you're struggling I think.

Bayo came in from a rubbish angle for that, and did catch him, but was it that bad? Who knows.

Number 2 needs an absolute smash for that behaviour. Surprised the ref or our players didn't try and sort him out for that

• I heard the guys on Player say it was Eddie Ilderton's first game of he season, so I guess the nature of his performance isn't a surprise.

Another great win, Bayo'a sending off the only slight cloud, I would have hoped he and GA would have been a bit more canny.

• Definitely no offside for Kashket; he's just behind Paris when he squares it. Shame about Bayo's red but I do wonder if he might have been due a rest anyway after the last few weeks. As long as Hayes'; injury is just a small knock and he's back for Orient, it's no great disaster. But yeah, their Number 2's behaviour is disgraceful. A loser in every sense today.

• Bayo was probably MOTM, despite the harsh sending off.

• They will no doubt be fixated on the supposed hard done by element, rather than being beaten by a very in form team looking very good.

• Sheridan claims they're appealing the red card. Good luck with that.

• He can't have seen that footage above.

The guy zooms in off the ground with 2 feet!

• I think Paris would have been in trouble if the other guy hadn't lifted both feet of the ground when they went for the challenge. He did, got hurt and sent off for his troubles.

Bayo's sending off is a weird one - not a great angle but the ref clearly indicates Bayo went in either leading with or a high elbow - if anything it looked from the footage that he couldn't have got it any lower while jumping.

• That number 2 applauding almost in the faces of our players deserves a slap. What an utter moron, I hope that our lads remember that at AP.

• What a prick that's as bad as when players put the invisible card up that's made me angry

• Good discipline from our guys to recognise that we're 2-0 up, not long left, so not to get involved in any nonsense.

• Disgraceful behaviour by their number 2.

Not our best game in recent weeks but County were awful. Felt like we had more than 396 there today too.

• Will he bin banned for one game only? If so that's good news we are going to need him a lot more boxing day Plymouth look superb.......

• Looking at our fixtures coming up, am I being to optimistic thinking we could get 10pts out the 12 available?

• Awesome game, plus I got the result with Betfair. Thank you lads.

• @bigred87 yes it's a 1 game ban for 2 yellows.

• Wonder why Max Muller wasn't named on the bench today. Hoping there wasn't an adverse reaction to his hamstring after his 60 minutes at Milwall. Ad we have DeHavilland I trust it was a precautionary measure.

• @EwanHoosaami Muller travelled today and spent time on the pitch doing light exercise with the physics before the match squad came out to warm up. Ainsworth clearly wants him to be included and made to feel part of the team, even though he seems to be not considered fully fit yet.

• Thanks @Uncle_T Makes complete sense.

• Just seen the highlights. How on earth is that a sending off for bayo? A scandalous decision.

• A good result considering the opposition!(not Notts County) but the inept ref all those fouls against wycombe !!