Skip to content

Match day thread: Notts County

Comments

• I've just listened to John Sheridans' pre match interview on Magpies player, all 19 minutes of it. Mr Sheridan I believe could send a glass eye to sleep. I know it doesn't help, (my perception anyway), that he sounds like a real dour Yorkshire man. Effectively spent the entire interview saying that it's the players fault once they cross the line. He can only affect 5% of what goes on, the other 95% is out of his control. I just don't see what he offers at interview stage when applying for the job. Contrast that with the positivity that GA gives off, even in the darkest hours makes me a lot more optimistic about our future than if I were a County fan. I think I would be handing my season ticket to anyone who would take it if I were a Nottingham resident!

• Looks like we may get an answer to the question 'is Hayes still worth an automatic place in the team?'. I fear the answer is still 'yes'.

• Hayes is GA's right hand man and a clever player at this level. He has appeared in the side in the majority of games in this successful run, what's wrong with him being selected?

• We should have even more pace up front with Kashket and PCH up front so i'm not bothered about Hayes missing out tbf.

• @EwanHoosaami Sorry. I didn't mean it in that way! I'm a big fan of his. I meant that without him this afternoon we'll probably lose

• OK no worries. Doesn't sound inspiring for us so far. Player coverage today is pants!

• PLayer has gone down, just a continuous tone. Ok back now.

• Beast!!!!!! Get in!!!!

• Ilderson (ref) seems to have it in for Bayo. Have to watch it because if he did get sent off there's no Hayes to be the holding forward - got a knock in training apparently.

• Just sent off a county player, can't tell from the commentary what really happened.

• A serious foul apparently.

• Commentary team mystified by sending off, home fans going mental.

• Too far away to see really, but my first impression was Paris was going to go. Glad the referee had a better view.

• I thought PCH was gone chiefly because of the County players' reactions. The clue was the rather halfhearted shouts for a sending off from the supporters right by the incident.

Ref is one of those who'll accept defenders manhandling all afternoon but won't allow a striker any leeway.

• Sending off indecipherable. Opposite side of the pitch and looked a 50/50

• Sounds like another dire official. How much longer can we go on for with amateur refs at this level.

• 2-0 Kashket (obviously)

• Now Sheridan sent to the stands. County completely unravelling by the sounds of it.

• Sheridans off. Rofl

• 396 attendance from WWFC

• take the beast and scott off now rest them u for next week

• Definitely worth getting the beast off soon, to make sure he doesn't get a second yellow!

• Bayo sent off. Sounds like it was coming with this ref.

• Beast sent off....

• Why was he not taken off earlier? Mistake from Gaz there.

• Did they not read my post!! Fools!

• Yeah. Bit dozy from Gareth there.

• FFS. sounds like these officials are shocking!

• FFS. sounds like these officials are shocking!