Skip to content

Match day thread: Crewe Alexandra

Comments

• I am assuming @Wwfc2015_ and @bigred87 believe they were the worst five goals they have ever seen scored in a (terrible new) Wycombe shirt.

• Absolutely agree @PBo. His presence frightened Crewe from the start and he scored an excellent goal. I was disappointed that he didn't get MOM.
    Don't wish to be negative but the fact that he was able to carry on for a while after treatment is, sadly, no guarantee that he won't be out for another spell. Fingers crossed!

• Fingers crossed that he won't be, I mean!

• @Wendoverman said:
    I am assuming Wwfc2015_ and bigred87 believe they were the worst five goals they have ever seen scored in a (terrible new) Wycombe shirt.

Iv been nothing but positive this season thank you.....

• @micra PCH didn't actually receive or need treatment, though. He laid on the grass holding his buttock for a while until the match was halted. When the physios came on one of them spoke to him and then, quite comically, having been told by PCH that nothing was amiss, they didn't then have any idea how to play-act administering treatment. They did nothing for a couple of seconds, rolled him on this back, presumably because they thought that would fool the ref that they were doing something related to an injury, then a few seconds later helped him up. They and PCH were calling the ref to let him back on almost before he had crossed the touchline.

That's not to say he won't suffer some other injury that may again keep him out of the side, but the last night's incident with the physios coming on is nothing to worry about.

• Nonsense. After he took the injury, he couldn't run comfortably and when he tried to run at pace was twisting his pelvis to compensate for whatever knock he had just taken.

The treatment was right in front of me and was clearly suffering.

It's worth saying he picked up the injury battling to win a header he had no right to win, but his sheer determination got him he ball ahead of two taller Crewe players. He really is a class player at this level and was MoM for me.

• I agree, he never looked comfortable after the knock and seemed to have lost his pace. I didn't see the incident properly though, what happened, did he fall awkwardly or get a knee in the back?

• Got a knee right in the buttock, very painful but hopefully not too long lasting

I could understand their captain's frustration when the ref stopped play incidentally. It clearly wasn't a head injury, and he actually allowed play to go on whilst we were on the attack, only to stop it when Crewe were launching an attack of their own

• Think the ref stopped play as Sam Wood (I think??) actually fell over Paris going for a ball. The play was too close to him to be safe.

Sounds like Paris might only be out for a month or so though.

• A month? Crikey. Hope you are tongue in cheek when you say that @Right_in_the_Middle .

• Dead buttock I was in family stand he got a knee injury it with force.....fingers crossed he won't be out

• A knee right in it at force

• @bigred87 Are you the bloke in the family stand who gives the awful running commentary every game? 'SCHOOLBOY STUFF WYCOMBE!'

• @Lloyd2084 - Exactly. All around me - within 30 metres of Paris - made similar observations. There was "a kind of hush" all around the stadium followed by palpable relief when he resumed running albeit with no sign of his usual gazell-like gliding quality. All fingers need to be crossed because it would be a real blow to the solar plexus of our recovery if he was out of action for more than a match or two.

• Funny how people see the same events and actions but come to different conclusions about the cause, purpose or consequence of them; particularly seems to happen a lot of times at every football match.

• I was really impressed by the way the team isolated players yesterday.

On multiple occasions they pinned one or more of the opposition to the side line and nicked the ball in positions that allowed for the counter attack. Alternatively, Crewe had to kick it long and into the strength of the two CBs. Admittedly its not the most exciting thing to comment on but, for me, it was the core of the performance.

• @bill_stickers does not sound like @bigred87 he is never anything but positive.

• @Wendoverman said:
    bill_stickers does not sound like bigred87 he is never anything but positive.

Still hung up on a post from January......pathetic

• @Wendoverman said:
    I am assuming Wwfc2015_ and bigred87 believe they were the worst five goals they have ever seen scored in a (terrible new) Wycombe shirt.

Your a child....all you do is attempt humour.. .which was like wycombe before yesterday game.....POOR

Fair play to the lads and GA ...great performance

• "You're"

• @drcongo said:
    "You're"

Lol get a life

• @Wendoverman said:
    Just seen the highlights...well done to the team for such a dominant display. Hopefully to be carried on to Saturday!

Bitter because you missed the best performance for months

• edited September 2016

Disappointed to have missed it certainly @bigred87 not bitter though. I think you're thinking of someone else. @Wwfc2015 if only I was a child - those were the days - pathetic attempt at humour never hurt anyone even before yesterday game.

• edited September 2016

@Wwfc2015_ said:
    Lol get a life

Hopefully not like yours. It seems a rather bitter and sad one, being forced to do something on a regular basis that you despise.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Hopefully not like yours. It seems a rather bitter and sad one, being forced to do something on a regular basis that you despise.

Sad life?? Lol if only you know my pedigree chum

• I reckon we'll winalot now.

• edited September 2016

@Vital I thought I was a good boy for resisting that.

• He's barking mad.