Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• @micra said:
    Or does he? Think I must have misheard the 5 live round the grounds catch-up.

You might have heard Jordan Ayew scored for Crystal Palace.

• Yes, that makes sense. Thank you. Nothing to do with my indifferent hearing. Of course not!

• Via Twitter seems Paul Hayes is starting out as an agent whilst Gary Thompson has been released by Morecambe but is keen to play on. Good luck to both.

• Burnley and Cardiff are in competing to sign Matt Phillips from West Brom according to the BBC Sport Gossip Column

• If he goes to Cardiff, it could mean a transfer for Kadeem Harris. Fingers crossed!

• As long as no-one asks if we still have a sell on for Phillips ;)

• @Malone said:
    As long as no-one asks if we still have a sell on for Phillips ;)

???????????????? ?

• Someone does I understand...just not us!

• Former WWFC loanee Janoi Donacien goes from Accrington to Ipswich for a reported £750,000.
    "League One Accrington said they would use the transfer fee to buy new dressing rooms."

• Wow! A player who had some shockers for us going for a sky high fee like that?!

• Wow, well done Accy!

• He excelled against us for Newport after playing in an unfamiliar position for us for a couple of games and has evidently developed further at Stanley. Just the kind of boost they need currently though perhaps a couple of additions to their squad might also be required in addition to new dressing rooms.

• In other news, Aston Villa face competition from West Brom for Kortney Hause now

• For £750k I would want dressing rooms as good as the Jacksonville Jaguars:

https://bit.ly/2F3Ts0t

• Very Accy!

• I'm sorry but I don't believe for a second they've paid that much for him. He's barely in Lambert's plans and by the sounds of it was woeful earlier in the season when he was getting game time. In short, I'm not convinced that the East Anglian Daily Times is a reliable source!

• They signed him on loan initially and have just made that signing permanent. Doesn't suggest he was awful. Maybe they recognise all young players can have the odd bad game as part of their development.

• From what I've read, the fee (whatever that may be as it is officially undisclosed) and permanence of the move was agreed in the summer and the loan was simply due to work permit difficulties which have now been resolved. With regards to his performances, I'm referring more to the documented opinions of their fans.

• He made Carlos Lopez look like a full back, that’s how bad he was.

• Just read today that Darren Currie nephew of 70's star Tony, is married to oue ex full back Steve Walford's daughter !!

• Luke O'Nien scored again for Sunderland.

• Fantastic result at Sheffield Utd for Darren Currie and Danny Senda. Hopefully that will seal Ruby getting the job permanently.

• edited January 2019

Sheffield Utd made 10 changes to their line-up. Ruby's post-match comment:
    “I don’t really buy into all that resting, if they are tired, they can go to bed early”.

• That comment alone should seal it.

• Good luck to him obviously, great move potentially if Villa are on the up and he does well. Few quud from a sell on in the future would also be nice.

• Apparently QPR have put a 10 million price tag on Eze, as Tottenham, Bournemouth and Brighton are sniffing around him.

• Russell Martin has left Walsall due to family reasons after 12 games as player/coach.

• @robin said:
    Russell Martin has left Walsall due to family reasons after 12 games as player/coach.

Seems a strange one that. Playing for Norwich all them years, where did his family live then, surely not Brighton?

• The Russell Martin Foundation, which includes a football academy, is based in West Sussex. The academy team includes Sergio Torres who is the schools co-ordinator.