Skip to content

New signings

Comments

• Couldn't agree more but must confess am now enjoying the Euros. Would be great if all the British Isles teams make it to the knockout stage.

• Micra & Malone , so you don't rate wwfc Facebook or Twitter I've never used them and don't have any interest in doing so I've never even used a forum before joining barroom. (I still don't understand how to show how to reply to an individual post I just put it down to age) just aside this main post how many remember the days of Paul bates,John fisher and Len worley to name but a few and how do you rate football then and now

• I'm not on Twitter, but I do log in to see the WWFC twitter occasionally, and that's fairly useful at times, say for lineups as you're walking to the ground, or breaking news.

And in fairness, the WWFC group is handy for those too. But it tends to be ruined by a small number of fans who bore on or are relentlessly moany.

ps on here, just use an @ then the person's name to link them in and give thema notification...

eg
    @brittanywanderer . The actual quote facility doesn't work for me on any format.

bit before my time those names!

• @brittanywanderer said:
    malone thank you.

The quote thing (as shown above) only works when I'm on my iPhone. Not a big deal really.

• @malone thanks. I'd never worked out how to do this before

Micra & Malone , so you don't rate wwfc Facebook or Twitter I've never used them and don't have any interest in doing so I've never even used a forum before joining barroom. (I still don't understand how to show how to reply to an individual post I just put it down to age) just aside this main post how many remember the days of Paul bates,John fisher and Len worley to name but a few and how do you rate football then and now

Micra & Malone , so you don't rate wwfc Facebook or Twitter I've never used them and don't have any interest in doing so I've never even used a forum before joining barroom. (I still don't understand how to show how to reply to an individual post I just put it down to age) just aside this main post how many remember the days of Paul bates,John fisher and Len worley to name but a few and how do you rate football then and now

Sorry @brittanywanderer - that was not how to do it! Must have pressed 'send' too soon. Despite my advanced years I only go back to 1968 as a Wanderers supporter, having previously followed Maidstone United (home town) until 1956 and Wealdstone from 1961-1968 whilst working in Stanmore and London. I remember Len Worley very well and have bumped into him several times (but not this year so far) at Wexham Golf Club. He was still playing tennis at county level last year.
    I also used to admire those other wonderful wingers - Bernie Bremer and John Hutchinson, both for Wealdstone and Wycombe. Keith Searle was another to play for both clubs of course.
    I agree with @Malone re Twitter and Fans' Facebook. I find the BBC Sport App excellent for team line-ups (not just for football) and I also enjoy commentaries on away games on Chairboys Player - about £40 a year and includes HD match highlights, interviews with manager and players etc
    Loved your reference to the "barroom" by the way!
    Stay positive - everything comes to he/she who waits. Good to hear from you.

• New signings to be unveiled at the same time as new kit.

Modelling the kit at the July launch perhaps?

• There will definitely be some that have been done. Just a case of getting round to their unveiling yes.

• @Micra back after internet meltdown due to a storm, I started watching wycombe in 1955 in 19 65 moved to north Devon so followed bideford town as well for six year's before moving back to wycombe then after a few years moved away so had to follow my club as best I could then eventually moving to France then managing to see more games on visits to the UK the last one Wimbledon! I looked on the chairboys player ( no apology needed) I think I should get that easily here ,most players are blocked from the uk. The" barroom"reference!I have no idea how that happened I can only put that down to a senior moment or the red wine .Enjoy next season

• The" barroom"reference!I have no idea how that happened I can only put that down to a senior moment or the red wine .Enjoy next season

Red wine a sore point currently. We rarely drink wine - Phillistines! - but someone gave us a bottle of red (Shiraz??) the other day and I decided to serve it with a steak pie - classy, that - only to knock my glass over onto a light cream carpet. Multiple applications of a red wine stain spray has more or less done the trick.
    Hope you get to enjoy commentaries on some of Wycombe's games next season.

• I think I can safely predict Gareth will either sign no-one...or a bunch of people the Gasroom don't like.

• the gasroom, and the WWFC group most likely won't have heard of any of them.

Which naturally will led to them being written off before kicking a ball

• Journo tweeted that Wycombe have signed Dayle Southwell, apparently, beat Premier League and Championship clubs to his signature..

Think he's with Boston and is a forward

• BSEBSE
    edited June 2016

I'm guessing the club wasn't ready to announce the signing just yet, as this line was on the bottom of the website page announcing his arrival.

"The deal remains subject to final paperwork being submitted."

http://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/summer-signings-begin-with-capture-of-22-year-old-striker-3148381.aspx#WUPt3HQiQV0qqhDS.99

• Times may be tough but we seem to be slow in signing player's.

• Hartlepool have signed Lewis Allessandra....very good signing

• Myles Weston signs on a 2 year deal ! great player , very good news

• Had a feeling we would get hold of him. Is he right sided? If that is the case then PCH must be considered a striker I guess

• edited June 2016

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub Weston is a left winger/striker apparently.

• Better still.

• York goal keeper Ingham turned down contract....Wycombe possible signing?

• Doubt it. Far too old and slow for the all-important "yoof" element.

• Is it true that the only people interested in the summer transfer market are championship manager geeks?

• I feel squad coming on quite nicely especially with Weston signing ....still think we need 2 goal keepers plus creative midfielder and striker.....let's see what this week brings.

• Was anyone else surprised and somewhat disappointed to hear Myles Weston described as a creative midfielder. I would have thought most fans had in mind a central midfielder in the Saunders mould. Mind you, if he beats defenders and gets crosses in, that could reasonably be described as creative I suppose.

• I still have a sneaky suspicion that McGinn could be the creative midfielder you describe. Hard to tell from last year's games though, as even the most creative of creative midfielders can't really create anything when the rest of the team stands around waiting for a ball to feet or hides behind the opposition players. Being a creative midfielder is a team effort, you need everyone else to make the right runs or create the right space.

• @Wwfc2015_ Congratulations on your first positive post in living memory!

• IF (big if I know) we play Weston, PCH and Southwell, then perhaps we will actually play more football and less hoofball this year. That would allow McGinn to play in a more creative role alongside O'Nien. Can but live in hope.