Skip to content

New signings

Are we going to make any signings for next season.

Comments

• If we don't then I'm definitely in the Ainsworth out camp.

• The Chairman has a meeting with the Jobcentre Manager to see if they have any suitable applicants who can hoof a ball.

• Dave Winfield has just signed for Ebbsfleet apparently so he's out of the frame.

• But Kolo Toure has just been released by Liverpool...

• @brittanywanderer said:
    Are we going to make any signings for next season.

I doubt it. You only need 11 players really.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Dave Winfield has just signed for Ebbsfleet apparently so he's out of the frame.

Apparently Dave was aiming for Maidstone

• Where is Kipper these days? We need his insights.

• as long as he gets them in before we're back in pre-season there's no need for any alarm.
    It's a little like when people moan they haven't got their season tickets yet

• Guess this explains why we have not seen any signings yet. http://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/article/gareths-a-world-cup-winner...-again-3141246.aspx. Don't see it as a real problem, Gareth is entitled to a holiday after all. However, no doubt he will have been in close contact with the rest of his backroom staff and AH about potential recruits - hopefully!

• maybe he's planning to sign up some of his more mature comrades from his senior World Cup foray, after all we all know you'll never win anything with kids

• Now we know, while manager's of other club's have been running around signing up players ours has been running around!. So why are we worried about new players it obviously is not top of the agenda for the club

• @brittanywanderer Totally unfair. How do you know that he has not given a list of players he wants and has left AH and the team to contact agents and see if they are interested in signing? There may have been some signings so far but we can legally sign very few until after their contract expires in 2 weeks.
    Hope he had a great holiday. Comes back fresh.

• @brittanywanderer said:
    So why are we worried about new players it obviously is not top of the agenda for the club

I think you mean I'm worried, not we.

• I think he means he's worried, not us.

• Come on you two keep going,this is good it stop's me worrying about us worrying, are you worrying.

• who's worrying ...... ? can someone let me know when it's my turn to worry please

• Start worrying as soon as you like but don't leave it too long as it may be too late for worrying.

• I'm worried as to why I am not as worried as you?

• Now that is worrying me, I can not now remember what I was worrying about.please don't remind me.

• Okay.

• Worry not....Despite GAreth being outside of the Empire at present, I believe there are methods of telecommunications these days that would make even Sir Alexander Graham Bell give a small gasp of surprise. I understand, should the need arise, you can send a telegraph home in seconds...stop.

• I find the idea of this telephonic communication technology quite worrying and hope we shall see nothing more modern than the sedately delivered letter by a man with a cleft stick, unless it is really important of course a Pidgeon messenger maybe permitted

• @Malone - I see our friend on FB was going to town yesterday about the transfer news blackout. Not to mention the disgraceful failure to tell us how/why/who voted re proposed EFL Cup changes.

• I understand delays are being caused because some of the transfer targets are demanding £20 a week (£15 in Summer), a £50 signing on bonus, a club house and one of those new fangled top-loading washing machines for their wives. The world has gone mad.

• what's wrong with a board and mangle !

• What's wrong with the players WAG going to the launderette!

• Do division two players have wags?.

• Jonny Dixon certainly did.

• edited June 2016

@micra , I find the WW FB page is an absolute waste of time at the moment. Tedious same stuff every day, where's the signings, where's the statement.
    One thread, yes of course, but new threads every day? Boring.

I guess when we were their age (typically 16-24) nothing else mattered, but the older I get the more I embrace a bit of a break from it in the summer. The grown ups who are posting similar stuff really need to look at their lives!
    After all there are 50 games, and about 40 weeks of relentless football, it'll soon be back, especially this summer with the Euros then straight into pre season!