Skip to content

New Contract Offer

13»

Comments

• edited June 2016

Will say it again, it's 28 days from being offered a contract. Players must say yeah or nah.

When offer is made, you have 28 days (contract is valid for), if said date passes, then obviously at an impasse, so guess what, make another contract offer, which is more attractive.

• Or wait and make the same contract offer in a month's time. It's a non-deadline.

• You win, make a contract offer which doesn't have a deadline. Just leave it open ended.

• @Ciderk1d Surely you can't leave it open ended? A better player may just decide he will sign and suddenly you might not want the original player whom you had offered a deal.

• If a better player comes along, you sign him and write to Bean withdrawing the contract offer.
    If Bean gets a better offer, he accepts that and writes to us to reject our offer.
    In the meantime if it suits both parties to wait a while and see what happens, that's just fine too.

• You can't arbitrarily withdraw a contract offer if a player is given a specified time to accept.

• No but as not noted that specified time is likely to have expired/be expiring very soon.
    Thereafter each party can do as they wish. It may suit both parties to allow the situation to run for a bit.

• I love it when fans start investigating the rulebook to try and get over their embarrassing impatience.

Just wait until July, back in pre-season training and all will be revealed.

Will Bean re-signing make a huge difference to a) the team, b)your life?

Enjoy the summer, the Euros starts in 5mins!

• Totally agree @Malone.

• edited June 2016

@EwanHoosaami said:
    Ciderk1d Surely you can't leave it open ended? A better player may just decide he will sign and suddenly you might not want the original player whom you had offered a deal.

That was a tongue and cheek reply.

Through my connections, I have been told it's 28 days from the time it was offered (usually commences with the released list), if past that deadline, another offer can be presented, it's not open ended, it ofc can be represented, negotiated, but with new deadline.