Skip to content

New Contract Offer

Comments

• Were just waiting for the euros to end then Pogba and Ronaldo will be joining us.

• @EwanHoosaami I'll being it to the opening game of the new season, Ewan...Oh 61 points! How you deceived me...

• Ronaldo will be in goal.

• With great risks, comes great rewards, and I believe after Xmas when we where useless, we should have tried something different instead, we continued with the status quo, which I think with the new loanee changes is going to hurt us, if we persist with Ainsworth's MO, and with those we retained I don't hold much faith.

I wouldn't bet against my wife, naming the usual starting suspects at the next campaign, even with new personnel.

• In case anyone is wondering, I was not droning but joking in my previous post. I expect some decent signings and play-offs next season.

• Didn't PMSL @Wendoverman - I'm told I'm a "dry old stick" - but really appreciate your wit and imagination.

• edited June 2016

Cider, the players we signed on loan were strikers. McCarthy is a defender. Surely even you can see that him being one of the first names on the teamsheet is unrelated to Liburd and Udumaga not getting a game. Villa Sellars started quite 5 out of the last 7 games of the season, so actually got quite a lot of game time considering how long he was here.

There were a lot of things wrong with last season. The signing and continued selection of McCarthy was not one of them.

• McCarthy was the most consistent performer throughout the season hence the reason for him starting most games.

• @Croider; will concur on Sellars, just felt the same side was picked every week, with same usual results.

Just hoping those who moved on don't echo "bench till your wycomised" to all and sundry. Hopefully we attract some talented, hard working players to fit Ainswirth's ethos.

• The only player where 'Wycombised' was mentioned was Banton, wasn't it? And it was just a tactful way of saying he couldn't do the defensive work required.

• Did it also mean taking 5 minutes to hand over an armband and walk off the pitch when substituted?

• I'll be pretty annoyed if they haven't stamped out that nonsense next season to be honest. There is no excusing it

• I don't think we can really complain about the time wasting when we are winning by 1 goal. I would do it myself.

• I think we can complain. I hate it. Absolutely hate it

• So you would rather concede a 95th minute equaliser than time waste and win?

• That's a false argument. The time gets added on at the end

• It's not about the time though, it's about breaking up the play and stopping any momentum as you probably well know.

• It's terrible. I can't believe people defend it

You'll be telling me you're OK with Bloomfield diving in the penalty area next

• There is also no way that all of the time gets added on

• It was clear for all to see that during our flirt with non-league a few seasons back we showed a real naivety and that GA had to address our ability to 'manage' games.

That said, it's become really painful to watch and I'm fed up with our image as a bunch of cheating time wasters trying to con referees. It's a really poor example for my lad an against what we are trying to coach at u9 level.

As we saw last season our reputation precedes us and other teams are all 'up for the scrap' against us and more often than not employ more of the dark arts than we do. It's really become counter productive now an has permantly sullied the good name of the club.

• I thought, despite the barracking we got, last season was not so bad in those stakes...but then again we were not winning too many games 1 - 0 at Adams Park very often

• @eric_plant Does Bloomfield ever get in the penalty area these days,with even a modicum of control over the ball ?

• Well, he did score a point blank goal towards the end of the season I think.

• He also won the penalty against Villa, although he was only probing the far corner of the box.

• edited June 2016

Back to the original thread theme. I just read the Newport manager has given his players a sign or .... off to his out of contract players. The article goes on to say that the FL gives players 1 month from the announcement of the release list to sign. In Wycombe's case I think that is today.
    So by my reckoning if Bean has not signed by tomorrow then that is goodbye.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub; your spot on, regards FL players have one month from the announcement of the releases list to sign. So we'll see with Bean in the next 48 hours, if our media savvies are on the case. I'm a sceptically on Bean resigning.

• Isn't he contracted to the end of this month?

• It's if he's signing or not?

• So are we saying we couldn't re-sign him later in the summer if after tomorrow he does want to accept the offered terms? Even though he's contracted to the end of June?

• The BFP said the club weren't expecting any decision before the players are back for pre season, and we left it pretty open with Hogan last year too.

What you're both suggesting is some sort of ridiculous mid summer cut off, where you can't sign for your current club anymore if you miss said deadline. It doesn't work like that!