Skip to content

New Contract Offer

How long will we give bean to accept his contract offer? surely gaz needs to set a deadline

Comments

• I think we are still waiting to hear from Hogan Ephraim.

• Can definitely see Bean doing an Ephraim. Either that or they'll both go and play in America together

• I think from seeing something on twitter he is currently in America and has been to watch a game, but this could just be his holiday plans.

• Canada I believe.

• Ephraim did the same last summer, he has played out there before and has connections with Toronto I think.
    Their friendship may be a factor in that and if it were a toss up between making a living in Toronto or High Wycombe I know where I would be.

• Bean may well be waiting to see what calibre of new players we propose to sign. At his age I am not sure he would be keen on being part of a relegation battle.

• I am not sure anybody is keen on being part of a relegation battle, no matter what age.

• edited June 2016

Given he will likely be contracted until June 30th, I suspect that is his cut off date for renewing. The man's allowed a holiday and is allowed to play hardball over a contract extension. And it's not like we don't have options in that area if he chooses not to sign!

• I doubt very much that he's waiting to see who else we sign, more that he's waiting to see what other options he has before he re-signs on (I'd imagine) reduced terms.

• Is the rumor true, Bean is best buddies with Hogan? hence my previous posting, about Bean doing a Hogan. On another note I wouldn't be surprised a fair few Sports management and Agents will be reluctant to send their players our way due to lack of football if you don't make the starting 11 or the likely 3 subs to come on.

it's just a feeling as players and agents do talk. Ofc some will, but will they be the reluctant ones because there is no one else to sign for?

• Christ on a bike.......

• More likely to get a competitive game at Wycombe than other places I'd have thought, which is a plus rather than a negative.

• edited June 2016

Has Hogan actually been playing in Toronto or wherever though?
    Or just being a professional layabout?

Bean strikes me as a little bit more of a grafter than Hogan, and probably wants to play as long as he can, rather than waste his talent like our pal Hogan.

There's plenty of years to enjoy foreign climes when he's packed it all in.

• I'm baffled by the comparisons between Hogan and Bean. Sure, they are friends off-field but they couldn't be less alike from what I have seen of them.

• edited June 2016

@eric_plant said:
    Christ on a bike.......

Really, well see who we end up with before the campaign starts, then Christ can upgrade to Harley, as the new loan rules means, said player is here for 5 months, and no guarantee of regular football (I.e for McCarthy, but did he have a play clause if fit?) and swanning back to his parent club u21 or reserve side after a months long loan (after a few 15 mins cameos in our 1sts) ain't happening.

Unless a Premier club insists, if their starlet is fit he plays (hopefully parent club pay his wages).

• Christ on a bike @eric_plant ? Are you alluding to Richard Herring, one of the least funny "comedians" I've ever seen? If so (and even if not) I am frustrated in not knowing the relevance of your comment. Or perhaps it's just an alternative to 'struth?

• edited June 2016

@micra I quite like Richard Herring. His stuff can be patchy but his Hitler Moustache show at Edinburgh Festival remains one of the standout shows of my many visits there. That said, he had another show up there called Someone Likes Yoghurt, which was desperately unfunny.

• Sorry, just realised how massively off topic that last post was!

• @micra you want the moon on a stick?

• Yeah @micra I think it was probably a saying before he used it as the title of his stand up show

• @peterparrotface said:

micra you want the moon on a stick?

I'd settle for a cornetto.

• Ciderk1d you must be the worst poster on this site.

Suggesting McCarthy had a 'must play if fit' clause in his contract is a ridiculous statement and a load of bollocks. Just give it a rest for once.

• at this rate they will have to pick strangers of the street to play for us lol

• Lol indeed Trevor, lol indeed.

• Is Richard Herring any good in goal? Sign him up.

• I'd love to see Trevor in goal trying to save a Jacobson thundetbolt, would be worth the entrance money alone.

• At least Trevor's laughing. It's progress.

• @Croider said:

Ciderk1d you must be the worst poster on this site.

Suggesting McCarthy had a 'must play if fit' clause in his contract is a ridiculous statement and a load of bollocks. Just give it a rest for once.

Did I touch a sensative nerve? I don't know if he did or didn't, what I do know we played utter crap after Xmas, with loanee reinforcements sitting on the bench.

You think players will flocking above AP to play for us? Knowing they could be here for 5 months, picking splinters from their ar5e, if Ainsworth sticks to his usual MO.

• Why oh why is there no communication? I think GA is rubbish. This fan owned experiment has failed and there is no way we can attract any more supporters. All the players we have (some of whom we have booed banterishly during the season) are rubbish, except for the ones who aren't and other clubs want to sign, which they will and the players (being judas' or traitors) will leave because we are rubbish and we can then moan about why oh why did the club let them go...no-one any good will sign for us or even come on loan. I may or may not refuse to watch any more of this rubbish, dogsh*t football, I mean why would anyone but a rose-tinted settle for medicocre five year plan swallowing idiot bother to renew their season ticket when we are obviously already relegated?
    That's the summer on Gasroom sorted then...on to the Euros.

• @Wendoverman PMSL! I've renewed as well. Where's that rope?