Skip to content

Who could / should we sign?

1235»

Comments

• Billy Knott! Just left Bradford. (Probably too good for us?)

• Billy knott would be great.. scores goals and has bags of energy . However I still think we need 2 strickers. .anyone know of any proven strikers that have been released? (Realistic targets though!)

• Billy Knott might be a good shout, from what I remember he's decent on the ball and creates chances, but he also has the legs to do the hard work that Ainsworth requires. Although he did seem to tail off quite considerably by the end of his loan spell.

• I just read that Knott is being chased by Port Vale so no chance he'll be back.

• Didn't Billy Knott's loan departure end under a bit of a cloud ?

• He was suffering the Paul Scholes treatment of being shoved out onto the left wing when clearly his best position was in centre midfield.

The difference between 2013 Wycombe and 2004 England was that it was Stuart Lewis, rather than Lampard or Gerrard who occupied his preferred position.

• It's no good getting player's on the books then playing them out of their comfort zone it just a waste of talent and ends up achieving nothing.

• carlos Edwards and Marquis been released by Milwall....would be great signing however let be honest we are more likely to sign a 18 year old that has been released by Basingstoke!

• The infamous Diving Danny has stayed in L2 and gone to Luton. Turned down a new deal with Oxford.

• Luton must be paying huge wages to outbid Oxford!

• HTIC suggesting WWFC one of five clubs interested in Dover's Jack Parkinson - 6' 4'' can play center mid or center back. Scored 9 goals last season. Anyone know anything about him?

• Here's two for you.
    Nathan Tyson, released by Doncaster
    John Marquis, released by Millwall. Scored a handful at Northampton towards the end of last season.

Probably can't afford either. Going back to my shell now.

• Tyson is 34, we have 2 old strikers as it is so don't need another thank you.

• @robin said:
    Tyson is 34, we have 2 old strikers as it is so don't need another thank you.

I bet he's still fast enough for this division. Top player.

• Tyson and Akinfenwa in, Thompson and Hayes to also start, and the incredible energy of O Nien and Rowe in the centre, and we'll go 4-2-4.

We barely play it through midfield anyway, so just need Tyson and Thompson to drop wide when we don't have the ball to make up a 4 barrier.

But when we do have the ball, we will knock it, knock it all day.

• Maybe Jon Parkin is available too. Although he's suspended for the first three games of next season.

• Ah Parkin. Will always remember the way he absolutely destroyed Johnson and presumably (if memory is correct) Williamson in that 5-4 game, as if they were two goons plucked from the Rye.

Unplayable that day.

• Yes; and, if memory serves me correctly, he then came into Scores after the match with one of his team mates and smugly downed a celebratory pint amongst the Wycombe fans before boarding the team coach for the journey home.

That may have been a differemt match, but I definitely remember Parkin in Scores after one.

• My son is playing in a European tournament in Spain this week, just got taken apart by the French Nike team. In his words the best players he has ever played against. He has played with 1 player who is off to the European Championship, one of his team players has played in the Europa League. I have no idea if anyone from the club actually digests any posts. But if they do, get your scouts out to see these guys fquick.

• yes they should take not sadly i doubt the will

• I wouldn't imagine many clubs would sniff through anon postings on a fansite, do you? And no disrespect, I played with and against some proper good players, but that didn't necessarily make me any good myself.

Why don't you contact @AlanCecil , or @DJWYC14 and see if they can help sort a trial out.
    I'm sure Gaz would welcome it, and very quickly see if your son has what it needs

• Malone. My son is probably not up to league 2 football, plus he has a job that pays about the same as an average league 2 player, and he wont be out of a job at about 32. He is suggesting somewhere to look at players.

• Ah apologies, I misinterpreted your meaning.
    But with our budget, I'm really not sure we'd have funds for a simple trip like that even for |£100s.

• Iv been going on sky sports transfer centre live feed daily and it seems most clubs are very active around us lots of free transfers and pre contract agreements etc. why does ainsworth leave it much later in the summer than most? Is it because he's got targets and is waiting for them and agreements are in place or is it that we have no money and he waits for the left overs (I doubt it)? What are your thoughts on his transfer policy.....before you say it I no he's made some brilliant last minute loan deals the last 2 summers just wondering if he's missing out on free signings leaving it later than most?

• The best players available will be demanding and getting wages beyond what we can afford. Consequently we will generally only get the leftovers that are desperate for a contract and hence will accept low wages.

It is merely economics, we do not have the money that the likes of Oxford and Luton have to blow on wages. However sometimes there is a gem left in the dregs and the key is to find that gem. Unfortunately we have to live in real world and not the fantasy world that the likes of Kevin exist in.