Skip to content

Who could / should we sign?

Comments

• The last couple of years must've been quite humbling for him, it seems as tho they have been for Stewart. Worth a phone call at least.

• We've got a top-class left back already. We've got support in Sam Wood and, I would assume, a Ryan Sellers-esque player to be signed this summer. Given Ainsworth places emphasis on a cohesive squad that doesn't sulk or question his methods, I suspect Charles Dunne would not be top of his wish list.

• True @aloysius but i'd have said the same about Anthony Stewart as well.

• We did need a centre half though

Not sure we need a left back

• Yes, how do people think he'd fare v Jacobsen? We're not in the position where we can just have lots of cover like a few years ago.

He can play centre back, but probably not somewhere we'd want to go again, unless he comes to us offering to play for buttons and stressing his love for the club

• @aloysius; I see this as our biggest problem "don't sulk on the bench" as who wants to train, train and do more training and sit on the bench for weeks on end to get on as sub and not be match fit and then deemed unfit.

• Can he play at right back?

• @drcongo said:
    Can he play at right back?

This is what I was thinking, if so you've got cover across the back.

@eric_plant said:
    We did need a centre half though

Not sure we need a left back

I see your point but with Sellers going I'd still imagine we'd be getting one in.

Genuine question, does anyone know how many games Jacobson missed this season? I thought he'd missed quite a few or I could be making that up. I seem to remember Jombati having some not so great games at left back this year.

• Joe Jacobson featured in 39 of our 52 matches this season (75%). 38 starts and 1 substitute appearance.

• Blair Turgott released from Orient. Highly thought of at West Ham, 21, messed up season with the chaos at Orient. Might be worth a punt might be Jason Banton

• Jobi McAnuff released as well by Orient...ex team mate of GA's though getting on a bit...

Portsmouth have transfer listed 3 good attacking players at L2 level - Naismith, McGurk and Tubbs though doubt we could afford any of them (even if they wanted to come...)

• McAnuff is 34 and was on a reported £10k a week at Orient. Also according to Orient's forum he couldn't be arsed most of the time.

• If he was on £10k a week two things 1) what an amazing agent he has, 2) WTF are Orient thinking?

• Orient are owned by an Italian reputed to be worth more than £500m so wages not a huge concern. Puts Steve Hayes in the shade!

• Dennon Lewis released by Watford. 18 year old pacy winger.

• All quiet on the Marcus Bean front. Is he going to turn the offer down?

• Bean is always committed on the field (and i am sure in training) but he also seems like a guy who is looking ahead in life. I listened to a couple of his podcasts and he came across as being very competent and confident. Maybe signing is not a 100% his priority even though he will probably do so.

• Is Bean a Gasroom 'like' now then? I get confused...

• "Broadly" yes!

• @Wendoverman said:
    Is Bean a Gasroom 'like' now then? I get confused...

Arguably our most consistent performer over the season and certainly played a big part in the solid defensive record. Big opportunity for Rowe if he were to leave.

• I agree @Glenactico it's just that he often gets a lot of stick on here.

• Any rumours on who we are likely to sign? Really hope we don't sign a bunch of young unproven players lastminite.com just so GA can save a couple of hundred pounds on wages. We need to get our squad completed by late June otherwise I fear a relegation battle

GAprovemewrong

• You mean like O'Nien and McCarthy last season!

• Yeah and the rest??? 2 from 10 is a great %

• Yeah those older, experienced, proven lower league success signings turned out great...
    Thompson, McGinn...

• @Wwfc2015_ You only seem happy when your miserable. Lighten up for crying out loud.

• @bill_stickers said:
    Wwfc2015_ You only seem happy when your miserable. Lighten up for crying out loud.

Hahah and you bill seem happy to put up with anything #goodforyou #lackambition

• Being perpetually angry and critical on a forum does not necessarily show any ambition. It just shows you are angry and critical.

• @bill_stickers said:
    Being perpetually angry and critical on a forum does not necessarily show any ambition. It just shows you are angry and critical.

That's your opinion ....I have been around football all my life so allowed to view my options ...if you don't like then ignore them #rosetintedglasses

• Meant opinions not options!