Skip to content

Match day thread: Accrington Stanley

Comments

• @rmjlondon please, share with us, how do you know with such certainty? Let's be honest, you can't blame many of us for doubting you, considering the utter sh1te you post most of the time eh Richie?

• edited May 2016

if he is 6ft 2 then Seigrist must be 6ft 8

• This is a daft argument. He either is or he isn't. Are published statistics not to be trusted?
    http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alex-lynch/profil/spieler/244045

• I no for 100% certain how tall he is > @rmjlondon said:

if he is 6ft 2 then Seigrist must be 6ft 8

Well im his dad so i no for 100% how tall he is dickhead!!!

• @stella68 said:
    I no for 100% certain how tall he is > rmjlondon said:
    Well im his dad so i no for 100% how tall he is dickhead!!!

Quality......lol

• Is any one old enough to remember the kids tv programme twizzle? For some reason this debate on the keeper's measurements reminded me of that.

• @Glenactico said:
    One downer on Accrigton was that they were probably the worst team I've ever seen for diving.

How the ref never gave a single booking for the theatrics I do not know.

Yes they didn't get the penalty that their constant falling in the box was after but the ref ought to have shown a yellow early on.
    I thought we played okay for a game that doesn't mean anything for us but our obvious lack of any threat in front of goal and a midfield playmaker was plain to see.
    That said we have the spine of a good squad and it's going to be interesting to see how Gaz changes and adds to it.

• Good post @Morris_Ital my thoughts exactly. We do have a decent spine. The summer recruitment is going to be interesting and no doubt full of speculation. Added to the mix, those that have signed will probably be young and relatively untried. As such many on here will right them off before the ink is dry on the contract. If we do sign youngsters, then Hayes will get an extension, (as we will need his leadership), within the club which GA will use as the main reason no doubt. Next GA will have the problem of who to not renew?
    I doubt that he will keep Ugwu & Sellers, I think Bloomfield must be a serious doubt also. McGinn, not sure how long he has left, but if his contract is up his future here looks rocky unless we are going to change the playing style? Max if he is to be signed will surely head for a half season loan out? Problem being keeping the wages low but the squad numbers up as we surely can't survive with any less players over a season and expect to challenge for a top seven finish. Last season we were fortunate with a low injury level, this season not so which certainly didn't help.
    An interesting summer ahead, I for one will keep my expectations realistic, but obviously my hopes will be high until reality hits when the boots start flying!

• I don't care how tall he is, we need a better keeper if we want promotion.

• He's done well in every game he's played in, hasn't he? Although I have to admit I'd rather have Allsop (pretty unlikely I'd have thought) or Siegrist if they are available.

• @mooneyman - I remember it well; but Twizzle was far too sophisticated to worry as to the exact height of our goalkeeper. He may have been able to score a few goals for us though.

• @rmjlondon said:
    Lynch isn't upto it, sorry if we want to be in the top 3 u need a keeper who is bigger than 5ft 10.

@rmjlondon said:
    I don't care how tall he is, we need a better keeper if we want promotion.

What a helmet

• @rmjlondon pure comedy. Confirming what we have all known for quite sometime!

• if thats his dad, lets hope ainsworth releases him and we sign somebody proven or with some presence.

• @rmjlondon said:
    if thats his dad, lets hope ainsworth releases him and we sign somebody proven or with some presence.

Lol you should have a word with alex im sure he would love a chat with you!! Maybe you could tell the little fella your thoughts on him big man!!

• edited May 2016

Im sure he would, I would quite happily tell him that he isn't good enough for league football for a team that is looking to get promotion in year 3 of our plan which we keep banging on about, we are a very good club with excellent facilities and yes maybe no money but that doesn't mean we can't attract a proven goalkeeper with some presence and command of his penalty area. Alex has done very well for us in the games he has played but I doubt we would be finishing anything like 10th or 11th if he has played the rest of the season.

• Why do you have to be so unpleasant?

• @rmjlondon said:
    Im sure he would, I would quite happily tell him that he isn't good enough for league football for a team that is looking to get promotion in year 3 of our plan which we keep banging on about, we are a very good club with excellent facilities and yes maybe no money but that doesn't mean we can't attract a proven goalkeeper with some presence and command of his penalty area. Alex has done very well for us in the games he has played but I doubt we would be finishing anything like 10th or 11th if he has played the rest of the season.

Why?

• because he isn't good enough its quite simple, its not unpleasant its fact, and I suspect he only got injured because of his funny kicking style which Im not the only person to notice.

• Ugwu isn't good enough either and neither is Ryan Sellers its just life, Im good at my job but there are better people than me.

• I would quite happily tell him that he isn't good enough for league football

• yes I would, we are a small club and can't afford to carry any passengers, this season has ended poorly mainly because we can't score a goal but we don't need any hangers on in season 3 and we really need to move up a level because league 2 is so poor.

• Have you passed on your thoughts to our manager. I am sure he would be grateful to receive your insightful advice!

• @rmjlondon said:
    if thats his dad, lets hope ainsworth releases him and we sign somebody proven or with some presence.

Vile shite again. He is a great goalkeeper, still young. Hope he gets to play next season or goes out on loan. wasted sat on the bench all season. He impressed me at Wembley.

• @rmjlondon said:
    because he isn't good enough its quite simple, its not unpleasant its fact, and I suspect he only got injured because of his funny kicking style which Im not the only person to notice.

Hmm pretty sure gaz said he was the better kicker of the ball at the club when matty was there but dont let facts get in your way!!! Uno what im out bit pissed and fucked off with cunts like u tbh sitting writing shite he may get kept he may get released but he will still be paid to play football which he loves and you will still be a keyboard tool who talks utter fuckin bollocks ... He has just turned 21 a pup in goalkeeping and he may not be the young lad to lead a ambitious club like wycombe but he hasnt done to much wrong in my eyes i wish the club all the sucess it deserves and alex may have to follow his own path but you will still be a keyboard cunt who his mum would kick fuck out of !!!!

• @rmjlondon said:
    Ugwu isn't good enough either and neither is Ryan Sellers its just life, Im good at my job but there are better people than me.

lynch has done nothing wrong when he's played iv been impressed.....ugwa is still young and I'd personally keep him over Thompson what a bag of shit he is his display yesterday dear oh dear... anyway rich your the inside man I'll wait for your transfer posts

• your not his dad, and if you are expect a complaint to the football club because you should not be posting those sorts of insults to this forum when you have said who you are. I am stating my opinion that we need a better class of goalkeeper to progress if that means your son doesn't play then so be it, and also a quick side note ..... he has been fit for weeks and hasn't even made the bench when we could have saved money and sent Allsop back and saved ourselves some money.

• edited May 2016

@stella68, hear, hear. Lynch is more than capable of being our number 1, unfortunate injury and timing got in the way.

Lynch is learning his trade and I and many others have confidence once he is between the sticks regularly.

Big or bread and butter games, Lynch for me.

Hate paying lip service to rmj, but they could be a variety of reason why Lynch hasn't been played and I wouldn't be surprised it's too early and risky to throw him in the nets, it's not like giving an outfield player 5-10 minutes out on the wing is it.

• @rmjlondon said:
    your not his dad, and if you are expect a complaint to the football club because you should not be posting those sorts of insults to this forum when you have said who you are. I am stating my opinion that we need a better class of goalkeeper to progress if that means your son doesn't play then so be it, and also a quick side note ..... he has been fit for weeks and hasn't even made the bench when we could have saved money and sent Allsop back and saved ourselves some money.

Hahaha im fuckin lovin this mate your telling me im not his dad now!!! He is still not fit neither!!! And if you are the little snot nosed cunt that his mum would kick fuck out of please please report him to the club i await in total fear ya gob shite fucker

• edited May 2016

deleted