Skip to content

Match day thread: Bristol Rovers

13»

Comments

• @drcongo that's an interesting reference to Herbalife mafia - I remember there being a few insults bandied around in the season we almost went down about players (Leon Johnson springs to mind) spending time hawking Herbalife when they could've been doing extra training, but was there more to it than that? And who were the other players in the mafia?

• Bigred87 will be surprised when he comes back to find we were not trashed 0 - 3

• Wasn't it beautiful..... and as I left the ground (family stand) with my 7 year old son a rovers fan jumped over the wall from away end he was about 12ft up and tried to punch me...classy bunch

• @aloysius I was intrigued by that remark too. A quick google suggests Jessie Kewley Graham, Leon and Dave Winfield were three involved.

The former obviously made no difference to anything. The two centre backs a bit more.

• @aloysius There were a few players hawking it, Kewley-Graham and Danny Spiller were easy to dig up. More sinister was the fact that the top of that particular snake oil pyramid was one Brian Kane, then a director of Wycombe Wanderers, presumably encouraging our players to piss their careers and money away to make him rich.