Skip to content

Match day thread: Bristol Rovers

Comments

• edited February 2016

• Full match commentary will be on Chairboys Player from 2.55pm with team news, reports and post match on BBC Three Counties

http://philcatchpole.com/2016/02/27/pirates-on-the-horizon/

COYB!

• Well that's a blow.

• No pierre either.... we are going to get trashed 0-3

• Surely time to bring in someone on loan.

• Yeah a bloody striker! Ffs every Wycombe fan knows we need one but the chairman obviously thinks otherwise,then again he doesn't want promotion this season so i would say our season is officially over now.

• Terrible news about PCH, both for us and him.

• Better long term stability than over stretch and hope. I'm sure GA and AH are looking around for someone to borrow... Easter from Brizzle anyone?

• No commentary. Showing next match as Dag v Wyc on 9th Feb. Same on BR player.

Anyone else having the same problem?

• Strange then. Restarted player, changed clubs but still not showing current game

• edited February 2016

@robin Every Wycombe fan bar the Chairman. Awesome to keep a clean sheet. Well done (O'nien) lads

• Living among the gas i'm well happy as most of my mates support them and we're meeting in Glastonbury for a beer tomorrow lunchtime,should be fun!

• Has the result knocked the moaners for six?

• THAT WAS THE BEST RESULT OF THE SEASON. Well done lads..

• another lightning strike, this one at 85 mins, game continued.

• Smashing win - and without our two best players too.

McGinn may do some odd things at times, but he brings an extra dimension to the midfield imv. Allsopp had a good game which is worth noting.

Thought Wood gave us more width once he was on. Would like to see Harriman on the other side with Jombati behind him at right-back, now that PCH is out, with O'Nien and Bean making up the rest of the midfield. 4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2, since Bean plays in front of the defence more.

On the other hand: why mess with a winning team? Great day.

• Great atmosphere, though both teams didn't show much quality, with neither team looking that threatening. Though we just edged it in terms of pressure on their goal. Decent performance in all though and yes thought McGinn adds more than his occasional hospital pass offers

• he'll definitely be needed over the coming games, especially if Bean has any sort of problem! Good timing from McGinn.

5 subs is never a good sign. Thompson and hopefully Pierre to come back imminently though.

Outside of that, Rowe on loan to return and that could well be our lot til the end of the season

• Having been out the country for a couple of months, this is the first game of 2016 I have attended.

From reading on here and the Facebook group, I was expecting dire hoofball and probably a loss without Pierre and PCH.

However, I was pleasantly surprised that we had it on the deck most of the first half and a fair bit of the second. It was entertaining stuff even if it lacked clear cut chances.

Hats off to the terrace, haven't heard the place rocking like that for a while. Great to send the odious Bristolians back home with nothing.

• Looking forward to reading the "Opposition View" tomorrow morning :-) They didn't seem to be very happy as they were leaving the ground.

On a related topic, do the old bill train their horses to dump on command? It really looked like they were using it as part of their crowd control tactics

All in all a very enjoyable afternoon.

• I was a little apprehensive when I heard PCH was out but after the first few minutes it was obvious we were the only team creating anything that said they improved after the break but on balance we deserved the win.
    oh and we should have had a penalty and they should have down to 10.
    Oh oh and another decent performance by Sammy Wood so I expect a little hush from the gobby Facebook yoofs

• To be fair they had a stone wall pen turned down in the second half, jj shoved their player in the back! Mind you the ref should have sent off 'hoof it mccrystal.

• Bristol Rovers. Cone but not forgotten?

• Dreadful defending for the goal. The ball comes a long way and the defender Lets onien get goal side. Well directed header though.

• Despite being a bit low on quality, that was the best I've seen us play at home for a while. Mostly on the deck, good work from McGinn again.