Skip to content

Match day thread: Northampton

13»

Comments

• @rmjlondon said:
    in my opinion GA has made a rod for his own back by nearly going up last season.

I agree. Not that last season was in any way a bad thing!

• I'm sorry but why the sudden vitriol aimed at @Chris ? I'd say it's a fairly safe assumption that @rmjlondon is a new alter ego for a previous poster. The same attempt to be 'in the know' married with a very distinct 'literary' style.
    I think @Chris is probably right not to want those sort of complete unsubstantiated rumours casually posted on the forum. Even IF there was a contract problem with one of our junior players then it's of absolutely no business of ours to be speculating about it.

Anyone can come on here and make up unsubstantiated bullshit but it doesn't make it right.

By the way, when I was in the Vere suite last week I was told that player A likes to dress in women's clothes and player B has said he won't play unless the rest of the squad kiss his feet before each match. Might not be true but that's what I heard...

That may be obviously made up so I'd be rightly laughed off but what if I came on and said I'd heard player C had been dropped because he was having an affair with player D's wife? Is that acceptable for us to 'gossip' about?

• @Fidget completely correct. He?(Mayes999 - for it is him / her) posted stuff before about a player's problematic personal life. This isn't a bit of a laugh or some transfer speculation - it is unpleasant shit stirring.

And yet people think he's the victim!

• Ah yes but it's just 'banter', innit...
    That excuses everything apparently.

• By the way, my previous post was in no way meant to be disparaging to the cross-dressers amongst us... there's nothing wrong with it at all and would bother me not one jot if player A did actually choose to dress in women's clothes. Although I might have an issue if he jogged out onto the pitch to do the warmup in his favourite cocktail dress and stilettos...

If it was possible to do one I'd put a smiley face here now, or maybe a thumbs up, just to show the light-hearted nature of my post.

• Ah @Chris . A problem of your own making then. I follow where your reaction to the original speculation now. Trouble is I don't have the background information you have on the poster if not the content.
    I said at the time you should have deleted posts rather than ban posters. New email addresses and user names are easy to get and all it does is confuse the position of who is who.
    I'll say it again. Delete offensive posts or those who create unsubstantiated rumours. Cut off the oxygen supply of the poster.
    At the moment, if your assumption is true you have just created another moronic user name.

• I am not @richmayes999 and anybody who can prove I am needs to present the facts on here.

• @richmayes999 just a coincidence that you're from the same town and using the same internet provider then?

• RITM, picking pointless arguments again I see, textbook you.

If anyone can't clearly see this is Richie Mayes back, they're either a little dense, or purposely acting ignorant for another agenda, in RITM's case to act like Chris is some kind of internet board hitler.

• Problem is @Right_in_the_Middle, I'm pretty sure that the muppet behind @richmayes999 had already posted under at least one other name before being banned. As you say usernames are easy to come by so @Chris did not 'create another moronic user name' by banning one of them - this person was already doing it anyway.

And the really sad thing is that just by having this discussion we're giving them exactly what they want. Whoever it is will be having a right giggle to themselves and will be telling their mates at school/college tomorrow how they've managed to again wind up a bunch of boring old farts on the Gasroom.

• @Chris; Most a regions or areas will more often then not have only one or two major ISP's and a Metropolitan area, such as London I wouldn't be to surprised more than it a coincidence. Unless he/she is from the same random town and using the same random internet provider then?

Obviously we don't want to speculate and make up unsubstantiated claims and break any data protection laws do we.

PS only kidding but I agree if it looks damaging to Players and Club, press delete key.

• As I said in my original post why bring on a player with 2 mins plus injury time. What does that achieve regarding the game of football!!

• what town is that then

• @rmjlondon said:
    what town is that then

Cockville

• The literary style gives it away. Same shiite content in a different book cover. I found the ignore button of great use before and can see it being reached for again.

• Wasn't this supposed to be a thread about the game.......

• Amen, stick to the thread and Never Mind The Bollocks!

So.., Cobblers did to us what we did to the Grecians, eh?

Toughie v Rovers next, resurgent CU after that. Winnable?

Personally, I reckon we can still pull out a decent run from the next few matches despite the latest blip, nine points from fifteen not a bad retutn let's face it. Onwards and upwards:)

• @Ciderk1d IP pool allocation can make things a lot more specific.

• @NorsQuarters I agree. Rovers at the weekend I imagine will be a bit like the PNL game, highly charged with a big gate and good atmosphere so no reason why we can't get something from it, if AP and PCH play then a good chance for 3 points.

• Anyone any idea about the nature of Paris and Pierre's injuries? Obviously Paris was dead on his feet after the Exeter game but didn't look injured and hopefully nothing serious.

• Pierre had a deep dead leg, Paris was an ankle but not sure how serious.

• Any idea how deep?

• When did Paris grow into a fully formed human being?

• Hope it's not serious with Paris.