Skip to content

Match day thread: Northampton

Comments

• Still don't understand why we bring on sellers for 2 MINUTES

• @johnthehair; Same here, why the subs get minuscule game time is beyond me, C'mon 20 min should be the minimum taken into consideration our situation of no reserves.

• Probably completely wide of the mark, but could it be that players get a playing bonus if they play more than say 20 minutes? Hence a money saving tactic in not using subs earlier.

• I understand there were issues with Ryan Sellers contract and this was why he wasn't making the bench but Im not sure what and why.

• You understand that based on what?

• Oh dear, we're off again!!

• I sense some more post editing on the way too. What a shame

• I understand it based on something that I was told few weeks ago in the Beechdean,

• Im not saying its correct or incorrect but I understood he was expecting more money than he has been receiving but it could be a storm in a teacup.

• So you're saying that for a period he refused to play because he didn't think he was getting what his contract entitled him to, but now that's sorted so he's back on the bench again?

Seems likely.

• Im not saying he refused to play just a dispute of some sort which has clearly been sorted. If these boys are getting circa 250/300 and bonuses on top then they will be needing bonuses to make ends meet I expect.

• So why was he not making the bench? I'm confused.

• we had a stronger squad while that was going on anyway, if Thompson wasn't suspended and the others injured he probably wouldn't be making the bench now.

• A very aggressive line of questioning @Chris . Give it a rest
    Someone new jobs the board. Discusses something they have heard at the ground and you give the Spanish Inquisition and make a massive assumption about a player refusing to play.

Very poor show. No wonder the debate on here often degenerates so quickly.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Very poor show. No wonder the debate on here often degenerates so quickly.

Any evidence to support this claim? Debate here seems pretty much like other forums.

• I heard something, do you think I have a copy of Ryan's contract and wage slips that I can post for you ? grow up.

• @Right_in_the_Middle he didn't hear anything at the ground, he's just bullshitting again as usual. There's nothing to suggest Ryan has been anything other than a model professional at the club and I don't like people trying to start rumours otherwise.

• Exactly. I hear all sorts of things at AP on match days. Most of it is obviously total cock.

• @chris tbh this forum is being ruined by you, Im not the only person who thinks so and who is HE ???? Ive been supporting WWFC for 25 years and have just joined this forum I used to post of the old gasroom until it became a joke abit like this forum is heading for with your over eager assumptions and questioning.
    Something was definitely going on with RS, what it was maybe we won't ever know but I doubt he will be playing once everybody is back.

• Are you a schoolteacher by any chance Chris, as you act like one?

• @chris I doubt it, he is a little boy who has been given admin rights on here and will probably block my account for posting such a message. If I hear something being discussed at the ground then I have the right to post it and if RS wasn't being payed correctly then good on the kid for standing up to AH if he felt it was wrong.

• @rmjlondon said:
    chris tbh this forum is being ruined by you, Im not the only person who thinks so and who is HE ???? Ive been supporting WWFC for 25 years and have just joined this forum I used to post of the old gasroom until it became a joke abit like this forum is heading for with your over eager assumptions and questioning.
    Something was definitely going on with RS, what it was maybe we won't ever know but I doubt he will be playing once everybody is back.

The forum that you've 'just' joined is being ruined? That was quick. Anyone would think you'd been here before?!?!

• @Chris I'm pretty sure if you read back you are the only person mentioning Ryan refusing to play. The original post was he was not playing due to a contract issue. No mention of any party instigating it.
    Not sure how such an accusation on this forum stands legally but I'd love to know how you are placed to decide if anything posted on here is bullshit?

• @arnos_grove I may have just joined but I have been reading it for the last 3 months or so and some of the stuff posted is awful rubbish, I know my football which is why I was able to pick up @vital on an incorrect stat something I suggest is very rare and Im sure he will inform me of the last time that happened.

• If 'chris' doesn't like people starting rumours, then I'm with him. He is all all seeing eye on here, and maybe all posts should be funneled through 'chris' for his approval. That will stop any argy bargy on here........

• This is I think all about an assumption made by Chris that rmj is our old friend Richmayes.

Personally I like unsubstantiated gossip as it does add some much needed spice to us boring old farts who like to pontificate at length

• @mbs yes lets make it a full time job for him patrolling this website. nothing Ive seen posted here is any different to any other clubs message board, just this one has a couple of hitler's patrolling it behind the pages.

• @rmjlondon said:
    arnos_grove I may have just joined but I have been reading it for the last 3 months or so and some of the stuff posted is awful rubbish.

Looking forward to you lifting the tone. Not sure I'd bother joining a ruined forum (again)

• in my opinion GA has made a rod for his own back by nearly going up last season. amazing story yes but its not helping him now when we have a lesser budget this season than last.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Chris I'm pretty sure if you read back you are the only person mentioning Ryan refusing to play. The original post was he was not playing due to a contract issue. No mention of any party instigating it.

I can't work out how else a contract dispute where Ryan was expecting more money than he has been receiving would result in him not making the bench.

Not sure how such an accusation on this forum stands legally but I'd love to know how you are placed to decide if anything posted on here is bullshit?

Depends if you ask Bristol Rovers lawyers or not I suspect.

@rmjlondon said:
    chris I doubt it, he is a little boy who has been given admin rights on here and will probably block my account for posting such a message.

Looks like you're wrong again, how unusual. You have the right to post what you like (within reason) but if you post bullshit then expect to be challenged on it.

@mooneyman said:
    Are you a schoolteacher by any chance Chris, as you act like one?

I am not, but a lot of respect to all the teachers out there.

@MBS said:
    If 'chris' doesn't like people starting rumours, then I'm with him. He is all all seeing eye on here, and maybe all posts should be funneled through 'chris' for his approval. That will stop any argy bargy on here........

Much as I appreciate the support, I don't think I want that kind of responsibility, thanks.

@bookertease said:

This is I think all about an assumption made by Chris that rmj is our old friend Richmayes.

He is Richmayes.