Skip to content

McCarthy signs til the end of the seasons + best loanees + legendary striker discussion

13»

Comments

• Rob Lee the worst "aloysius" not the Rob Lee I saw wasnt. Ray only played 1 game I think, I assume we lost as it was for Alan Smith.

• Super Simon Garner he was such a natural goalscorer. Scotty in a set piece .

• I'd agree that Tyson was probably the best striker overall, but Beavon developed into something pretty special.

Both were capable of creating something out of nothing, then finishing it themselves which is a rare quality indeed in a WW forward.

Arguably Beavon had an even harder task in that he was surrounded by a group of players who weren't up to the job in L1, and still scored loads, whereas Tyson was free to romp at will in the basement for most of his time.

• Sean devine

• Worst iv seen Richard harris

• @Fit2drop said:
    Rob Lee the worst "aloysius" not the Rob Lee I saw wasnt. Ray only played 1 game I think, I assume we lost as it was for Alan Smith.

Rob Lee away to Cheltenham in the play off semi was one of the best individual displays I've seen in a Wycombe shirt. Still no idea how we didn't win that game.

• Best striker we've had as a league side was I think Simon Garner. Oozed class. Tyson was however more exciting to watch. Before that Bodger was a similar class act to Garner. Would have been interesting to see if he would have made it if he had wanted to. Not good adverts for the non-smokers though.

Returning to loanee strikers. Anyone remember DeSouza? I remember thinking he was electrifying for a few games but then he disappears from my memory banks

• Simon Garner was the man for me .... what a great striker ....

• @bookertease Miguel Desouza was not a loanee, MON signed him from Birmingham, scored two ln his debut on a wet Tuesday night game at Chester. If memory serves me right done his knee in on a team week training camp abroad and was never the same player after that. Think he left under Gregory and went to Peterborough.

• He was on fire that season. Had he not picked up that injury who knows where we would have ended up?

• The people of Bradford still shudder at the mention of Miguel Desouza.

• Didn't Bradford offer us half a million for him that year?

• edited February 2016

@arnos_grove @MindlessDrugHoover Two hat-tricks against the Bantams that season was amazing especially the 4-0 win at Valley Parade, played them off the park that day.

• Do you remember how good Stuart Castledine was that day? I reckon his evil twin turned up for that later loan spell

• Rounded it off with a goal himself, ranks up there as one of the best away performanes since we've been in the league.

• That's my abiding memory of Stuart Castledine, which always makes me pause when people talk about him being a bit shit.

• Strikers - Scott Mcgleish

• Strikers- Sean Devine

• that midfield 4 would certainly be very hard to replace popularity wise.

I think I remember putting that as my best 4 back in school days. Not much short of 20years on, and I don't think I could leave any of them out still!

Up front is a lot more competition.
    Rammell probably the best of his type of striker, then Scotty

Devine for pure goalscoring
    Regis/Garner, quality golden oldies
    Tyson, best pacey goalscorer we've had
    Mooney target man but real quality on the ball too.

• Neil Lennon was pretty awful on loan, was so overweight