Skip to content

Match day thread: Plymouth

124»

Comments

• @AlgernonFudgebucket - I'm going to use that as an excuse then.

• I agree about the lights for the Orient game being patchy, how else could you explain Simpson being left completely unmarked inside the area for the first goal.

• I've been dissapointed with our new Olympic Park floodlights. There are some really dark spots and I don't think they've been set up correctly. Reminds me a bit of training down the Rye when we had to supplement the tennis court floodlights with the headlights of parents cars.
    Really not sure they are the upgrade promised and I actually think the light given is poor for professional football.

• Pulling it back to the game in question (!) , was it just me or did Plymouth have the worst floodlights (or was that my rheumy eyes) and the loudest PA in the league. really didn't need "three little birds" at full volume before the game, that was our job at the end. LOL (as my kids would no doubt say)

• Maybe that dusk effect again? One thing that did strike me was the poor (muddy in places) pitch. But to be fair it must have had a hell of a watering lately.

• It has. Even by Westcountry winter standards. Understand it had some sort of infection which means that they had to scrape it, which I suspect hasn't done it any favours either.

• Listening to the game on 3CR the PA system was ridiculously loud and drowned out everything, even BluntPhil mentioned it. As for the pitch looking at it on the highlights it seemed to be in piss poor condition.....but did I see any comments about "the surface" from GA etc....no. Made AP surface look like Wembley.