Skip to content

Match day thread: Plymouth

Comments

• What an awesome result. Would have been a great result anyway but to overcome the loss of Lynch so early on was superb. We'll done Baz and best wishes for a very speedy recovery to Alex. Happy and safe trip home to all travelling fans.

• Be interesting to see what @DevC makes of it. (If he can limit it to 100 words)

• Best result of our season so far considering a 46 year old came on in goal and sounded like our defence was outstanding! Just hope Lynch's injury isn't a bad one.

• Great result! Let's hope Lynch is OK, and that Ainsworth/Richardson have someone in mind to cover.

• Now that is the sort of match you just wish you'd made the journey for. The early goal, the open goal for Reid, the 46yo, the constant squaring up, the abysmal referee, the melee at the end. Sounds like the sort of match that lives very long in the memory. Looking forward to reading the reports. Sounds like superb performance from the defence, particularly McCarthy. Really hope that's not the last we see of him.

Now, what's Charlie Horlock up to these days?!

• What happened at the end

• Big flare up between the two benches that then dragged in the players as they went down the tunnel according to Phil on player.

• Plymouth are always sore losers! Can't wait to see the opposition fans views later.

• I've looked at their forum and it's the usual 'time wasting dirty cheats', as is a lot of twitter traffic. Classy reply to the official PAFC saying pretty much the same...

The board appears to be struggling, are we getting a DDOS by ArgylePhil ATM?

• edited January 2016

Ooops, double post due to lag!

• I'm just staggered by this result, especially with Richardson going in goal. What spirit we must have shown, wish I could have been there. Our away record over these last two seasons is remarkable.

• I've lived in Plymouth for twenty years. I love the city and its surroundings. I love the theatre, the restaurants and the people (mostly), the Hoe, the coastline and the moors, but I have never warmed to its football team. And today illustrated why. Scrapping in the tunnel and trying to score while the opposition keeper is lying on ground obviously seriously injured. As Lynch was stretchered off, he was abused all the way round the ground. Two of their "fans" went so far with their abuse, they were thrown out.

They may be nearly top of the league on points, they are bottom of the league for class.

• @devc less talk about hoes please, it'll be that other thread all over again ;)

• The board appears to be struggling, are we getting a DDOS by ArgylePhil ATM?

Quite possibly. I've switched it into "under attack" mode while I investigate so you may get an annoying page explaining this from time to time.

• "@devc less talk about hoes please, it'll be that other thread all over again ;)"

Good post Doc.

• Are we going to get a match report from you @DevC? Intrigued to know what you thought given the inevitable gaps between opportunities you get to watch them.

• Argyle fan here. I do wonder how you lot feel after watching a win like that. Sure we were pretty poor today and your two CBs were outstanding, as was the guy in the centre midfield for you. But once again your anti football makes you no friends at all. I really don't care if we are beaten by a decent side trying to play football but your time wasting and cheating is nauseating beyond belief.
    Had the incident when your keeper was injured and we should have scored resulted in a goal, then I would have been embarrassed against most sides, but against you, it's just fair game.
    Your manager refused to shake our manager's hand at FT - another graceless action.
    So, if there are any really football supporters among you, are you ashamed of what
    you see?
    Thankfully, we won't have to play you for a while.
    I wish you every bad luck for the rest of the season and relegation as soon as possible to where you belong.

• Hilarious comments on the argyle forum you can almost hear the toys hitting the floor surrounding the plymouth pram .well worth a visit

• Don't worry Rhino, every little thing is gonna be alright.

• @Rhino Thanks for voicing an opinion you are more than entitled to. I think you'll find it'll not find that much agreement on this board. Just out of interest did you think the same thing after the games last season or was it just today?
    I've got a sneaky feeling we might we seeing Plymouth again come play off time.

• Hahah Rhino you and your time are disgusting, so so so glad we beat you...I really hope that you fall away from promotion, your club should be embarrassed...

• Rhino

As a football supporter I do find our style/tactics somewhat embarrassing. Fortunately I am sustained by the sour grapes comments typified by your post.

You brought a smile to my face almost as wide as the one for the result.

See you soon in the play-offs again

• Clearly very bad losers. He should be more worried as to why his useless team couldn't put a 46 year old goalkeeping coach under any pressure whatsoever. The keeper hadn't played a competitive game for over 8 years!

• I think I have seen most of the games we have played in recent seasons. You beat us fair and square in the playoffs, we had a good chat with your fans after the away (your home) leg, and indeed many of us wished you well in the Final. Sure there are a lot of sour grapes on the PASOTI forum, my point in coming on here was to ask you are proud of the way your team plays its brand of football?
    As I said Mooneyman, we were shit today! That is certain.

• Unbelievable Jeff!

• Rhino football is a results business is it not? Doesn't matter how you get hose results does it? We managed the game better than you. Attractive football doesn't always get the results. You have to grind out results that's what's wins championships!!!

• Rhino you are hilarious. So bitter. Every team time wastes when they need to! It was a great performance from us blues today, and you've just got to take it that you lost this one. Good luck for the rest of the season :)

• It is a results business indeed, and we win more then we lose and should go up, despite today's piss poor performance by us. As I have made clear, I am not bitter, I am "happy`" to lose to good teams and of course we waste time when we are winning.
    We just don't make an art form out of it.
    Over and out.