Skip to content

Jombati in the warm down

Just saw Jombati and Ellison having a scrap on the pitch during the warm down. Had to be pulled apart by coaching staff, anyone know what happened?

Comments

• Also witnessed this. Sido looked like he lost it and eventually tried to chase Ellison down the tunnel. Apparently Ellison said something to him as the two sets of players passed each other in the warm down.

• Ellison is and has always been a twat. Best avoided. Stay out of it.

• played better than any of our shower of shit today though !!

• @richmayes999 The only "shower of shit" around here is you with your stupid comments. Why don't you just "do one" and leave us all in peace? Pillock.

Someone told me that they thought the wonderful Ellison made a passing comment about poor old Sido's mum. No wonder he lost it. So would I have done (if true).

• if he said that he is clearly out of order. He still played better than any of our players today. If you don't like my comments don't read it.

• How could they know what Ellison had said?

• tbh kevin ellison is a wind up merchant, would he stoop that low I doubt it. Hair pulling and general nastiness probably but thats lower than low and like you say how can anybody know what he said apart from Sido.

• I don't know how they know. Perhaps they don't know. I am just telling you what I heard (in the Vere after the game) - for what it is worth. My guess would be that one of the staff on the pitch, during the warm down, did hear the comment and... etc.

And - Rich999 - how can I not read your comments if you post them on here?

My point, in case you missed it, is that after 9 points out of 9, over the Christmas period, I'd say that our players are entitled to a little more respect than to be called a "shower of shite" - even if they did not play well today.

• @AlgernonFudgebucket - although this forum is mercifully free for the most part from the puerile contributions which used to pollute the original "anonymous" -infected registration-free Gasroom, there are still one or two on here and @richmayes999 appears to be one such. I believe, disappointingly, he works in some capacity for the football club.

• I can accept not playing well, I cannot accept not trying which we saw today.

• @richmayes999 - apologies, I've just re-read some of your posts and I can see that I gave too much weight to the phrase "shower of shite". Not a phrase I would use or think appropriate to describe a poor performance but then I am "old school". Or to put it another way, just plain old!

• @richmayes999 you are mistaking a poor performance for a lack of effort. We have played some great football under Ainsworth and some utterly dreadful stuff as well. But I can think of only a handful of occasions when a single player has not tried their very best. Most of them involve the (thankfully departed) Dean Morgan.

• @micra he did once claim to work for the club but I don't believe that it's true

• We are certainly not a "shower of shite" but having said that we played like it yesterday ! I agree the players deserve more respect and three wins over Christmas was excellent . I am sure I am not the only one who had a bad feeling before yesterdays match ? it seemed kind of set up for a slip . I don't think we can expect any team to do it every single week and overall we are doing just fine . I do however get very frustrated with our two centre backs who , for the second game running , seem to want to do impressions of big Dave Winfield and kick the ball to the town centre . They are better than Winfield and some , but they totally remove out midfield from the game and I think they both have the skill to play it on the floor which adds to my frustration .

• Kind of agree with you Bourney however, rarely yesterday did our midfield offer a short ball option?

• Bit more culture needed from centre backs - ? restore McCarthy - and midfield (where Udumaga seems to have oodles of potential.)

• edited January 2016

I would expect team next week to be - Lynch, Jombati, Pierre, McCarthy, Jacobson, Blooms, ONien, Holloway, Udumaga, Thompson, Harriman.

• I reckon Bean will be back for Villa

• He wont start

• Is anyone sure that McCarthy will still be with us at the weekend? Some were saying that his loan spell is now "up". I don't know, myself, but naturally hope he stays for a while yet.

As for Beano: I understand that the injury is almost sorted but that he may not have done that much training, and so might not be match fit.

Oh - and before I forget - Ellison is clearly a total knob.

• GA is in discussion with RK about extending his loan, its up at midnight.

• @richmayes999 said:
    I would expect team next week to be - Lynch, Jombati, Pierre, McCarthy, Jacobson, Blooms, ONien, Holloway, Udumaga, Thompson, Harriman.

Where are you playing Udumaga? Wide left?

• no play Garry wide left and Jermaine in number 9 role just off Holloway.

• Blooms was shocking yesterday so for me should not start but be on the bench. I'm a big as before his injury he was of his but he hasn't performed well lately. If Bean is fit he should start as he was on form and we've missed his influence.

• Sorry computer is misbehaving so it's messing up my posts.

• how can anyone expect Wood not to start v Villa. Completely not going to happen.

• Wood is overweight and has been absolutely shocking all season. GA needs to get some backbone.

• I'm pretty sure he isn't.

It's called muscle son.

• muscle or fat has been dreadful and keeps his place because he can run around but he didn't make a tackle yesterday.

• ..but MOM against Creawley.