Skip to content

Aaron Holloway...

13»

Comments

• You must be easily pleased @Ciderk1d because I've seen nothing from Holloway this year tot suggest any more of the promising play we saw in the last few weeks of last season. He has seemed lethargic and at times extremely lazy and for me, is falling quickly down the pecking order.

• Playing devil's advocate here, the manager himself wasn't very far behind Holloway in heading down the tunnel. How are we interpreting this then?

• As he usually does Gareth Ainsworth wanted his team, rather than himself, to receive the credit and applause. Before disappearing, however, he did walk across the pitch towards and applauding the fans.

• @Rolo said:
    Playing devil's advocate here, the manager himself wasn't very far behind Holloway in heading down the tunnel. How are we interpreting this then?

Gaz was first over and did a 'not worthy' bow to the fans. He didn't milk it - but then again we didn't win. I thought it was humble and entirely appropriate.

• @Rolo said:
    Playing devil's advocate here, the manager himself wasn't very far behind Holloway in heading down the tunnel. How are we interpreting this then?

Utter rubbish he walked over to the side fans first then across the pitch. Bowed and went. Very good show by ainsworth

• 70 seconds ahead of the next Wycombe player.

• someone mentioned earlier that Holloway "Explained" his early exit on his twitter.
    Does anyone have anymore info on this? Apparently he's "Protected" his tweets.

I'm not on twitter, but would be interested if it's something worthwhile

• It's not the 'not clapping the fans' that annoys me as much as it is the lack of team spirit. I can appreciate that he's disappointed, and that people react differently, but it's a selfish rather than communal act. One of Wycombe's great strengths over the last year and a half has been our togetherness.

I might be completely wrong but Amadi-Holloway's walking off down the tunnel alone seems to be a sign of him not quite fitting in.

I'd love him to have a successful 15 year career up front with us, and will continue to support him. But I wouldn't be surprised if he's on his way soon enough.

• My thought was that Gareth went down the tunnel before most of the team because he had post-match media stuff to do. Could be wrong.

I love the class shown by both sides in that tunnel video. The Villa staff member wishing our players all the best. Hayes giving the shirt he got from a Villa player (think it was Richards, can't remember) back to one of their coaches with instructions to give it to a fan, and another Villa player giving his shirt to one of our coaches (I think he told him to give it to O'Nien, but couldn't hear it very well). Little things, big difference.

Also it picked up our singing pretty well!

• Found the Holloway comments on another thread.

Forgot apparently..and was disappointed he didn't contribute much.
    I can live with that, I hope others can, as it's fairly minor to be honest.

It's no Craig "och, where's our bonuses", when we sat right near the bottom!
    Bonuses, still cracks me up. In my day, bonuses were paid for success!

• Fascinating stuff. We kept them waiting before the start and seemed to be joking as a team at the start of the second half.
    Holloway's early exit was very pronounced though wasn't it. I'll say again I'm not bothered if he forgot to thank the fans. You either do it because you want to or not. I'm not there for the thanks.
    What is worrying though is the detachment from the team dynamic. Ainsworth would have seen that as he was next down. Wonder what he said when he opened the door?

• @Chris, whereas last year I think we were lucky to be keeping him, the scenario has very much changed, that he might be lucky to get another deal unless he bucks up soon.

Shown very little this season and we're in mid Jan now!

• Let's hope he gets the nod saterday and takes his fustration out and knocks one in.

• I doubt he will be in the squad.

• @kiscokid @wycombelad Maybe Holloway didn't think he deserved any applause from the fans so took himself out of the equation. Anyway, he'll still have my full support as long as he has a Wycombe shirt on. I don't think Tommy Doherty ever applauded the fans yet he's a folk hero at Adams Park.

• He should take a leaf out of Stewart Castledene's book. Do feck all. Get in every picture afterwards to cement your place in history.

• He was decent in that first spell on loan, obviously still had the hunger and agility to get around.
    But the version we got later on, looked right, seemingly perfectly in shape with the 6 pack and everything, but we certainly realised it was nothing more than disco muscles, well in keeping with his modelling side line.
    I guess we should have been a bit more warned when Sanchez said something along the lines of "don't expect him to play every week, as he's only played about 50 games in 10 years"

I guess we ignored that and presumed it was just cos it was such a "high standard" where he'd come from, and he'd be a don at our level.

Didn't he get a 3 year deal too?!