Skip to content

What has happened to the traditions of the FA Cup

13»

Comments

• The supporters' coach is actually £22 (or £19 if you are a member) with further concessions available for seniors/juniors - which is actually very cheap for a return journey over the distance involved. I cannot understand why so many are moaning about the cost and/or inconvenience?

• Can you highlight the people who have been moaning about the cost of travel please?

• edited October 2015

No! You can read the comments as well as I can. Cost AND/OR inconvenience.

• Can't see anyone moaning about cost. Some people (including a member of the Trust board) have unsurprisingly expressed disappointment that they will not be able to go as Sundays are, in general, more difficult for people.

• And some that couldn't go on Saturday can now go on Sunday. Swings and roundabouts.

• edited October 2015

LX1 - You are being rather pedantic (not you mooneyman - you posted while I was writing). I said "cost and/or inconvenience" - notice the AND/OR. But if you insist on pedantry - your posts infer that the club might consider paying for all/part of the cost of coach travel (from the £12.5k) and, therefore, you are referring, albeit indirectly, to cost of travel. You also mention the problems involved with using public transport on a Sunday (which is a separate issue from Sundays being, in general, more difficult for some, presumably due to personal commitments) - and I was simply trying to help by advising that there is a reasonable alternative to public transport.

There is also an argument that Sunday would be better for some because of the absence of work commitments. So, conceivably, more people might actually attend. Moot point I accept.

The main argument, in any case, is that if our club can make £12,500 from agreeing to play on Sunday then, given our current financial state, who could sensibly argue against that? One would presume that Halifax are also duly appreciative as, no doubt, they could do with the money as well.

• I have not moaned in my posts

• @lx was simply trying to come with a way to get more people to Halifac for the game. The post was not negative....if anything it was positive to encourage more support for the greatest competition around!

• Being nice is a reason to do something. Cost is a reason not to do something. Things are never simple!