Skip to content

Match day thread: Newport

Comments

• Hayes in squad (WW twitter)

• No start for Pierre ? interesting ...

• Earliest Wycombe sub ever.

• Well, tactical sub. Otherwise it's Saunders going off after 2 seconds at Wembley.

• Oh dear

• I predict loads of effort and invention in the last 15 minutes leading to absolutely nothing.

• From bad to worse.

• It would be nice if the manager does not put it down to us being a very small club with a very small budget , there are plenty of those in this division and we are seriously looking like we are starting to struggle .... talking us down all the time may not be working

• I wouldn't mind so much if a) we played with effort and invention for the entire game instead of just the last few minutes, and b) we had the slightest chance of putting the ball in the net.

• Absolute rubbish! No pace, no passing, no flair and no idea.

• Well , four loses on the bounce is not good . I have the flu so didnt go tonight but my guess is the defence was shit again , there was no width and a lot of hoofing the ball with the front players not getting much service . It has been like this for most of the season and our luck seems to have run out ...

• This is what happens when there is minimal investment in the team, we have no flair and as k posted pre season we needed a pacy winger and quick and skillful striker, things that we miss big time

• There are honestly no words for that.

• Ainsworth needs to have a good look at the team and maybe admit he is making mistakes . Maybe things will turn around with Hayes back but maybe a few loan players are required and not a defender !

• Seems like having the flu was preferable to watching the game I have just witnessed. Seriously we have become a very poor team. Jigsaw (Ugwu), Max, O 'Nien, Thompson and Holloway were all very poor. God knows why Ainsworth didn't play Sellers.

• Well this as they say : "ain't working "

• Absolute shower of shit tonight, I know Ainsworth can only pick from the players he has and they need to perform once selected but why was sam wood being played in a CM position ???

• Soon as I saw 3 up front I thought it's not going to work tbh, been saying this for a while.

• 4-4-2 please Gaz. 4-3-3 does not work

• Capuliated and desperate. 4/3/3 is become tiresome with quite alot of individual mistakes when under pressure instead of composure.

Every time they had a corner or freek kick around the box, we held are breath.

Every team I bet are looking forward to playing us. I bet Yeovil are gutted it wasn't them this Saturday and not Carlisle.

• harriman was the only good player

• harriman was the only good player

• Hayes was limping within 5 minutes of coming on. Anyone see why?

• The squad lost a lot of fans tonight, why can't they work as a team. Hoof football for 73 minutes and then an attempt to introduce a passing game. whether it is 442 or 433 is not so important. It is a team game, watch the highlights, Newport played as a team. Result, their first Tuesday win for a very long time.

• Actually only their second win in 14 league outings this season. Sums it up really. We are down to tenth and if we continue along this path we will be lucky to stay clear of a relegation battle.

• So my friends can anybody find a positive out of that!!

• 4-4-2 is the key. At the moment we don't have a quality ball playing centre midfielder (Yennaris, Saunders) to play 4-3-3. I'm sure Gareth will realise this and get Harriman back up to right wing, Wood left wing on Saturday. To be fair I think Harriman would have been right wing today but Ainsworth had to leave Pierre out for being late to a team meeting, a good, strong decision. We have been poor recently, but let's kee perspective, we were top 3 games ago. Any talk of slipping towards relegation is crazy!

• What an awful result. Ihope things can get better.