Skip to content

Second of the New Year: Doncaster at Home - Match 27 - Saturday 12th Jan 2019 - Attendance Auguries

2»

Comments

• 5,213 with 603 from Donny

• 4941, with 532 in the away end.

• 5,000 including 500 from s Yorkshire. Simples

• Crowd is 4747 with 584 away

• I await unadulterated adulation. Self-effacing as I am. Modest to a fault. And unbelievably self-aware.

• Results soon ... couple of hours probably....

• edited January 2019

The second game of the year was a vast improvement on the first for quality of football, acceptability of the result and accuracy of the attendance forecasting, although I do notice ,over on the @DevC thread, the number of optimists predicting the score had dwindled.

So congratulations to @OxfordBlue who was closest with 4758, 11 away from the actual attendance of 4747 - actually I am surprised that with that particular set of repeating numbers nobody got it right. Excellent predicting by @OxfordBlue: it will be worth giving the 'Tour de Season' table a look in an hour or so as I believe it is now much tighter at the top of that table. As @micra puts it - that close deserves virtually unadulterated adulation.

@micra himself, he was out by 47 with 4700, he is exactly the sort of player who could have so easily slipped in a 4747. His near miss was slightly bettered by @Manboobs (4705) and @Aok84 (4789) who were both out by the answer to everything. [I am showing my age]. Also in that cluster was @Glenactico, out by 49 with 4698. Very honourable mentions all round for the happy quartet, especially for @micra who brings patience and humour, as well as accuracy.

A mention for @Onlooker, 7th closest, only 124 out with 4871 plus a correct score forecast on the other thread.

Finally an honourable mention for all of us - collectively we predicted 4785, missing by only 38, together, as a team we were only beaten by the sheer accuracy of @OxfordBlue. This is one of the best performances of the season for our averaged prediction skills.

Happy forecasting all. 'Tour de Season' results up in about an hour and then the Bristol away thread.

Lovely to be back to winning ways. I still have a smile on my face.

• Thanks @railwaysteve for a great write up and all your efforts in running the competition.

• Thanks @railwaysteve for the kind words. I now feel thoroughly ashamed about the “ersatz” nitpick.!