Skip to content

Potential new owners

Comments

• More worried about keeping the players we have @peterparrotface . A fire sale for cash rarely gets best value and it has already been proven a bit of extra depth has helped

• Delighted that Alex Samuel has been given a two and a half year deal but will be even happier if messrs Gape and Thompson also commit. Tend to think that retention of Bryn Morris, class act that he is, may be more of a pipe dream.

• 'If fans want us to keep players like Curtis Thompson and Dom Gape they need to vote for the takeover.'

It's coming.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@HolmerBlue said:
    IF the club have refused to consider any bid because of personal issues, that is totally unacceptable ! The club comes first, not their feelings.

Seems like a big if given marlows post above.

There is no “if”.

Any football club director knows . Ask them . How did you go yesterday glasshalffull when you raised it with your director pals? They didn’t deny that the former player was discounted early in the process due to him not being liked by the chairman’s boss did they ?

Everyone who met to talk about investment signed an NDA at the stipulation of the chairman then Sporting Director.

• I disagree with Right_In_The_Middle. The whole concept of trust ownership is about extending democratic decision-making in football. Small points obviously have to be dealt with by nominated officers but a decision as far-reaching as this MUST be fully decided by the Trust members.

Otherwise, when the begging bowl comes round again why should I contribute more when I’ve been by-passed on such a key issue as this. I want to know the full facts please of each bid, not to be told it’s this one or disaster!!!

• edited November 2018

Spot on @A-Worboys. I also hate, (particularly in this instance of "supporter owned),
    NDAs. We as supporters, legacy members & financial donors are surely entitled to the complete opposite? IF, as rumoured Mr Harman has been excluded from the process by the board, then I believe I should be informed as to the reasons why. It may very well be that Mr Harman hasn't shown any inclination or interest, but I'm reasonably well informed that is not the case & were it not for him, the club would have had many higher financial hurdles to overcome to get this far. Let's be honest & upfront here, it's common knowledge that he has bailed the club out, albeit in the short term, on more than the one occasion. Mr Harman deserves better than the rumoured treatment he is currently afforded.

• PS: Why can I not bloody edit my posts to correct spelling errors?

• @EwanHoosaami - You might be getting errors saying that it there was an error when you click on 'edit', but it still edits it (last edit for you 1:08pm post is showing as 1:11pm). Something for @drcongo to work his coding magic on?

• Sorry @marlowchair none of this actually adds up.

If you read @Steve_Peart’s post - whose dedication, commitment and integrity - is beyond reproach, there are ‘only’ two other potential investors.

In your belief/knowledge/guesswork is the Harman consortium one of those two?

A straight answer to that specific question would be appreciated.

• @bookertease - Sorry to be pedantic, but if Stroud and his mates were not prepared to even consider Harman's offer for personal or other reasons (assuming there actually was an offer made), then surely that interest would not be defined as a "potential investor".

• @bookertease said:
    Sorry @marlowchair none of this actually adds up.

If you read @Steve_Peart’s post - whose dedication, commitment and integrity - is beyond reproach, there are ‘only’ two other potential investors.

No.

He approached the club in 2014/15 however was told it was Howard’s show & no room for 2 alpha males in the house.

Again in 2017 but received short shrift as it was still Howard’s house and the newly appointed chair wasn’t going to ( or wasn’t allowed ) to entertain it.

He was granted an audience reluctantly and signed NDA but was never seriously considered , rather the broker who receives success fees Horowitz was courted who advanced the two foreign options , our current number one option and the other Arabian bid mbuzz

These were the ones the power group coveted and progressed ( the TWO) only after they were called out around the way they handled things around the September meeting did they expand the potential interest to “three” ... when it all looked like falling out of bed due to their handling of it on September 12th ,the third, previously neglected option ( former player ) was again engaged in desperation.... they understandably were viewed with scepticism. So now all our eggs are in one basket , and if that doesn’t happen we have to find a way to give them back half a million
    Extra eggs we borrowed off them ...

Mind numbingly incompetent.

• @bookertease said:
    Sorry @marlowchair none of this actually adds up.

I should add that I agree with Steve Pearts credentials and integrity, however even he is victim of the ambiguity the board have cultivated around this issue and how many actual bidders there are . Steve refers to the supporters group minutes as suggesting there are two bidders , the Americans plus one other .

However Steve himself posts what either the minutes , or his understanding refers to as “ other parties “ plural in terms of should the US bid fail in a vote .

• Pedantry is good at this stage @mooneyman. We need accuracy and honesty. But as @marlowchair has now confirmed there has been no actual bid from the Harman consortium.

• Thanks @marlowchair.

So there is and never has been an actual bid from the Harman consortium despite you previously saying there has been.

Your conjecture around why this may be so is interesting and worthy of questions being asked but is several steps away from them being a current valid option which you keep painting them as.

• I haven’t at all said that ?

He made bids at all of those times.

He’s made as much a bid as the Americans to date ?

The difference is he was never afforded a serious working period to get to this same stage .

Don’t try and play with words booker . Even Stroud and the Americans admit they don’t have the numbers or structure of a deal yet .

Exactly where the former players BID was at but with much less interest or effort from our power group

• Would anyone bother putting together a detailed bid if they were told by the Chairman that any bid would not be welcome. I am not saying that is the case by the way. Only Stroud and Harman know the real story.

• Additionally , there are other groups who have also never been advanced past their approaches by the power group such as the large Spanish based backed bid who were told in no uncertain terms that majority ownership was not on the table so don’t bother ...

• To clarify, three potential investors were discussed at the last Fans Council meeting. That is reflected in the minutes, apologies if I did not convey that correctly. There are the Americans, and two others, who I believe to be Harman and the Saudis, although the club have not revealed the identities of the other two.

• It has been clearly stated that the other/s investors were minority stakes. Which may only get us £100k. Of which still leaves us where we are now, so why might you consider a minority stake over the majority owner. You’d have to be deluded to accept a minority. The Yankees only left Derby in a better financial position.
    The board certainly don’t have to consult with the fans on everything. Does the priminister of every decision! Perhaps some think she should!
    As Glasshalffull said. Stand for Election yourselves if not happy.
    whittling like old women in the Gasroom doesn’t achieve anything
    Just vote yes to the Yankees and see the club move forward faster than it might be able to with no investment

• Thanks @Steve_Peart

So back to you @marlowchair. Is he right?

• @bookertease Are Steve Peart and marlowchair’s statements contradictory at all?

• I think @marlowchair may have blown a fuse following his earlier outbursts. I'd like to think he'll recover in time to attend the AGM and stand up and actually tell us all in the flesh what be clearly passionately believes. Although I am interested in his perspective, I personally mistrust anonymous keyboard warriors, as I like to see a real person in my mind when considering crucial issues. Anonymity is fine for a bit of banter on a football (or other) forum but certainly not when the stakes are so high. The Board are not hiding so why should anyone else? Unless there is something or some reason to hide. Sorry but just my view.

• @trublue it seems you've only joined us whittling old women since 22nd October. May I enquire where you heard about this service? Where you introduced by a friend?

• @drcongo said:
    @bookertease Are Steve Peart and marlowchair’s statements contradictory at all?

No they’re not .

I’ve answered you booker and my earlier response reconciles with Steve’s views .

• @drcongo not necessarily but Steve Peart says that he believes one of the two other bids was Harman’s lot whereas Marlow says it definitely wasn’t. I’m just looking for some sort of clarification.

And I know I’m being annoying and stubborn with all this but I need to put some weight to the latter’s allegations, part of which feel to have some truth but are presented in such a negative, personal and biased way that it’s hard to get a proper handle on.

• @marlowchair your earlier response “no” does not remotely reconcile with @Steve_Peart’s belief that the answer to my question is ‘yes’.

• Apologies Booker I’ve re-read the initial question and my response and understand your issue , I wasn’t clear.

I missed the word “other “. Yes , as outlined in my detailed timeline of the former players involvement .

He is one of the “other “ parties Stroud and others refer to outside of the US bid

For most of late 2017 and 2018 there have only been two parties the power group have entertained, the US guys and Mbuzz from the Middle East.

That’s why I thought you were asking .

The former players approaches were not seriously entertained due to previously mentioned personal bias.

Only when both the US and Mbuzz looked likely to walk away around the September meeting did the former player again receive calls from the power group. Hence they’d dialogue changing again to “ other interested parties “ plural.

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    I think @marlowchair may have blown a fuse following his earlier outbursts. I'd like to think he'll recover in time to attend the AGM and stand up and actually tell us all in the flesh what be clearly passionately believes. Although I am interested in his perspective, I personally mistrust anonymous keyboard warriors, as I like to see a real person in my mind when considering crucial issues. Anonymity is fine for a bit of banter on a football (or other) forum but certainly not when the stakes are so high. The Board are not hiding so why should anyone else? Unless there is something or some reason to hide. Sorry but just my view.

I think your view on this would carry more weight if you weren't also acting as an 'anonymous keyboard warrior'. I suspect you have a very close relationship to Mr Stroud. My evidence, from Oct 31:

@ValleyWanderer said:
    Anyone thought that Mr Stroud might have been in his wife's 4x4 as I believe she's been away on business?

So, @ValleyWanderer, isn't it time you declared an interest? Who exactly are ya?

• @aloysius You hit the nail on the head. Who are these people and what are their interests my point was there’s the same old gasroomers (myself included) who turn up to the games (sorry dev) and argue the pros and cons of individual players and now there seems to be an influx of posters who know far more about the clubs financial dealings.

• @ReadingMarginalista said:
    @EwanHoosaami - You might be getting errors saying that it there was an error when you click on 'edit', but it still edits it (last edit for you 1:08pm post is showing as 1:11pm). Something for @drcongo to work his coding magic on?

Cheers. Comes up with a charcoal box in bottom left corner & a load of hieroglyphics that I have no chance of translating into "idiot language". I use safari on a Mac, wondered if that had anything to do with it?