Skip to content

Potential new owners

1323334353638»

Comments

• edited January 2019

@ChasHarps said:
    So we could have the Bizarre situation the 90% of Legacy members reject the Yanks take over, But the power group could let them in as a 49.9% minority investment, but would be effectively running the club, and ensure that certain individuals in the powergroup still have seats at the top table !!

Bloody hell, it’s speculation yes but it does fit and of course they wouldn’t want to advertise the substantial minority sale due to the adverse affect on the vote.

• Wow. The mischief has dialled up a notch or two. Sounds a bit hysterical to me now.

• Doesn't sound hysterical to me, its merely pointing out an option the trust board COULD legally pursue

• The attendance at the "Amen" meeting was in excess of what I expected on such a savage (weather wise) evening. I believe the attendance at the meeting on Monday will need a considerably bigger venue, I don't think I have ever been to the HUB. Does anyone know the capacity?

Secondly Andy Warboys I hope you are on the mend. The meeting was a success in so much as around 150 people can now judge the American bid against a plan/option B.

Hope to see you at AP on Saturday where I think the conversation in the bar will be lively, and at the Hub on Monday.

• In case anyone missed this detail in the mindstorm of information & speculation about Monday evening: -

The meeting will start at 7.30 pm, but you should be there by 7pm latest as you will have to check in. Please make sure that you have photo proof of identity with you.

• @Fit2drop said:
    The attendance at the "Amen" meeting was in excess of what I expected on such a savage (weather wise) evening. I believe the attendance at the meeting on Monday will need a considerably bigger venue, I don't think I have ever been to the HUB. Does anyone know the capacity?

Secondly Andy Warboys I hope you are on the mend. The meeting was a success in so much as around 150 people can now judge the American bid against a plan/option B.

Hope to see you at AP on Saturday where I think the conversation in the bar will be lively, and at the Hub on Monday.

• Will @railwaysteve be starting a prediction thread?

• It is Friday, 25th the meeting with the Private Equity Investors is on Monday, 28th which is when the vote opens.

We were told in September last year they've been swapping Heads of Terms and have been talking for over two years since the Spurs game.

We've been told the Private Equity Investors are our preferred bidder and supporters were promised details of the bid before Christmas.

Where on earth are the details of the bid they've been working on?

I know the deal is driven by the creditors but surely the members should be allowed to digest the information before voting to change the constitution forever?

The people who are making the decisions are Mr. Stroud's guv'nor and the Private Equity investors, given Mr Stroud's performance to date, they might consider him more of a hindrance than a help and decide to drop him as it is inconceivable the meeting can take place on Monday night with Stroud chairing the meeting.

I know the Private Equity guys, their agent and their P.R. guys must be aware of the intensity of feeling and it wouldn't surprise me if a dressed-up reason for Trevor's standing down is released at the same time they release the details of their majority takeover plan.

• I think there was a touch of glasshalfconfusion from @marlowchair - there is both a @glasshalffull and a @glasshalfempty.

• You would like to think we would get it today, allowing everyone the weekend to mull this over and indeed talk with fellow supporters about it pre-match tomorrow.

• As a luddite I only have email at work I will have to speed read on Monday morning if it does not turn up today.

• @Chris If they were merged together they would become a character from the Robin Hood legend.