Skip to content

Updated 'Wycombe Strong' Anthem

Comments

• I'd rather listen to Status Quo for all eternity than copy anything Chelsea do

I quite like Status Quo as it goes

• She wears denim wherever she goes
    Says she's gonna get some records by the Status Quo
    Oh yeah...Oh yeah...

• @eric_plant said:
    I'd rather listen to Status Quo for all eternity than copy anything Chelsea do

I quite like Status Quo as it goes

Me too. I'm not sure what the problem with it is?!

• Didn't realise Chelsea did that. Fair enough, but still not keen on sticking with the, er, current situation, with regards to our post match music choices. I'd be delighted to have our own, bespoke anthem being played after every game, win or lose.

• Back in the day, I used to enjoy 'The Liquidator' crackling over the Loakes Park tannoy pre-match, blissfully unaware of the Chelsea connotations.

• damn, I love The Liquidator too

my argument is in ruins

• Surely The Wanderer by Gary Glitter would be ideal....
    Or two little boys if we have won 2-0

Or here's a thought. Maybe Gavin Grant could have a word with Rolf and get him to pen something dedicated.

• Gavin might struggle there, as he’s currently in prison and Rolf is not.

How about Loreen’s Eurovision winning song Euphoria

• RAOTW is played by at least 4 clubs when they win.

Would rather hear anything unique

• Nothing wrong with pre-RAOTW Quo. Downhill from there. Must admit a new raucous tune is required which is where @Shev loses out. His thoughtful folky version would pass us by as we head to the exits I fear!

• @our_frank Now there's an album...

• I'm not much of a Supergrass fan, but this song always makes me feel a little fired up. Might help gee the team up as they run out.

• Although given the lyrics "I know you wanna try and get away, but it's the hardest thing you'll ever know" it's perhaps more apt for post-match just as everyone is heading for the Hillbottom Road gridlock.

• Reading this thread is thirsty work

• We've got the kind of team who will always be around
    We've got the kind of fans who will sing the Wycombe sound

• @LeedsBlue ... oh, yes. Reminds me of the old days, comparing 1980s John Peel playlists.

• edited April 2018
  • You called @Onlooker ?
    The usual good rocking sound but not sure how this relates to my pathetic attempt at a witty response to your post about the thread degenerating.
    Goodnight.

• Does anyone know what song Wycombe do run out to?

• Lust For Life by Iggy Pop

• @Buzz I'd love that. Just Brown and El Abd running out first and then the rest of the team sprinting out behind them.

• edited April 2018

Well, as far as the OP, my last word on it would be that if anyone does like the song, and would like to hear it at AP - even if way before kickoff like last time - feel free to request it from the media team. If they do see that some fans like it, it could potentially get into the rotation a bit more. If not, no worries, keep an ear out for the Jazzy House crossed with Blues, Country and Romanian Rap version this time next year. That will be sure to get a foot in the door...

• Sorry for contributing to the derailing of your thread @Shev - personally I’d like for this to be played before and after every game. It needs the regularity to bed it in with the fans.

• @Buzz said:
    Lust For Life by Iggy Pop

Which I think is a top choice. Gotta love the irrepressible Igg!

• But back to the original thread. I think the chorus could work well with a bit of welly and the drummer giving it some.

• Finally took time out from slagging off Status Quo to give this a proper listen and hats off to @Shev for a superb song. I liked the original, but the beefed-up chorus and the extra layers give it more welly. Hope we can get this played at the next two home games.

• And yes, in my opinion, this is preferable to Status Quo!

• Forget the Quo. It’s that awful Elton John track he plays when we lose. I would have us run out to Lost at Birth by Public Enemy, but we would need a PA upgrade.