Waites
    White
    Clifford
    Cecil (M)
    Cecil (A)
    Ainsworth
    Howard

I think those boys can do a job, but if not never mind eh

• I'm not sure @AlanCecil's legs are up to a wing role these days, but he could definitely still do a job in centre mid.

• I am afraid Max Clifford is unavailable for this match. He has a cold.

• I'm guessing @rmjlondon is on the bench?

• On a beach near Southampton........... with Ruth.

• The team needed a tweak last night. Going to 4-4-2 with Bean holding and Gape marauding I think we could have got something out of the game even with that starting XI.

Saunders RM, Weston LM and Kashket and Thompson up top. Bean cannot play in a midfield 3 and I'm not sure whether Saunders should be in the 3 up front or the midfield 3.

4-3-3 only works with 3 pressing mobile midfielders.

Exeter also worked this out in the second half and played around our less mobile midfielders, and down the wings. The 2nd and 3rd goal coming down our left hand side, where the midfield left Sido woefully exposed.

Ainsworth has been brilliant over the last 16 games or so, I just wish he would change things mid-game if its clear it's not working. Square pegs in round holes.

Pierre up front was a bold move, and for 10-15 minutes it really didn't work. Finally it clicked but we'd wasted 15 minutes as Pierre tried to work out how to play up front - you live and learn.

If Ainsworth is going on to bigger and better things, I sincerely hope he does, then he needs to be able to switch formations and get the best out of the 11 on the pitch by doing so.

Really looking forward to Saturday and the return of our best starting XI!

• Isn't it nice of the team to lose a couple of games to give the moaners a chance to have a say.

Loved the moan about Pierre not cutting it as a striker for the first 15 mins. How very dare he not be brilliant straight off. He's obviously not fit to lace Andy Kerr's boots.

• @peterparrotface I cant help but feel that the Comanche would add a bit of solidity to the defence

• So was it better to have rested players against Exeter, or should we have rested them against Spurs?

• Last time the Comanche played his movement was terrible. Looked like a statue for their first goal.

• edited February 2017

Squaw defending?

• @Doob said:
    So was it better to have rested players against Exeter, or should we have rested them against Spurs?

Not sure how any of the players would have felt about being 'rested' for Spurs!

I also think that the resting side of yesterday is partly explained by emotional exhaustion as well. If we'd been well beaten last Saturday I think we'd only have seen 2 or 3 changes.

I'm still not sure I'm fit enough to watch a game of football yet

• Of course we are all wise after the event but perhaps we should have played in effect a nine man defence - play all four centre backs, 'park the bus' / play for the draw / hope for a goal on the break?
    Please file under 'pointless conjecture' or DevC as you see fit

• @Uncle_T that was quick...lots of football still to be played and the teams around us lost...as they may well do again before the end of the season. Having said that lose on Saturday and the GAoutwhatistheboarddoingtoldyousos will arise from their stewing stupor...

• Guys don't read too much into last night's performance. It was a foul evening and Exeter adapted a little better to the conditions. I don't think they were vastly better than our reserve side and with the exception of the multiple corners period in my opinion the score line flattered.

• I didn't go to Exeter but from the comments above and based on the Luton game I do think we should go 442 against the better teams, against Luton we were being dominated in midfield until Saunders came on and we had a 4 in midfield and it turned the game. We can get away with 433 against the poor teams but against the better teams I think we need more bodies in there to give more support to the defence other wise we're left a bit exposed. Definitely no need to panic I think we'll bounce back against Pompey at the weekend