Skip to content

Match day thread: Exeter

Comments

• Can Woody be our Deli Ali? Oh, hold on, we've recovered better than Spurs. 1-1.

• Arse. 1-3. Sounds like we're getting blitzed.

• Was always going to happen....not the best 11 by a long way

• Only positives at the moment are that Luton are also losing 3-1 and Plymouth are losing 2-0.

• Inevitable drubbing.

I was hoping for a draw but this was always on the cards.

Hopefully Saturday will be a new start

• The start of our unbeaten run was arguably down to O'Nien and Bayo returning. Always going to be hard without them. Kashket needs him so much.

• Pierre on as a striker...

• I don't understand bringing Pierre on up front I'm afraid. Especially taking off one of the best crossers. Hey ho

• Looks like he's being asked to play the Bayo role.

• 3-2....the new fella....5 mins of injury time...come on you blues.

• aww feck it

• Lots of positives to take, we were playing a weakened team, Jakubiak scores on his debut. Got to push on.

• Plus Luton lost. Saturday is huge now. Hopefully Kashket is okay and everyone else is back to full fitness.

• Incidentally, Oxford beat Bradford in the Checkatrade, so that Wembley meeting is still on.

• If any team can try and push on, it'll be this one for sure.

• Changes had to made tonight to give players a rest. February is a huge month for us. Bring on Saturday and 3 points.

• And with that, in my opinion, goes Wycombe's chance of automatic promotion. We may still be near to the top three points-wise but, even if we get a decent return of points from the rest of the season, I fear our significantly less positive goal difference will stop us from achieving third.

• I was surprised how many changes we made tonight so what team we put out Saturday will be interesting to say the least

• We could not ask of anything more after the excursions of Saturday.

• I think we will either go on a run again or drop out of contention entirely, mansfield chasing hard as are a few others who has spent big !!

• I disagree @Uncle_T 21 points available in February. A good month and we will still be in contention.

• @rmjlondon love the pessimism. If we win our game in hand we are 4th.

• At Least Luton and Plymouth also lost.

• We are going to lose other games before May, and so will the others near the top so you'd best get used to it. We're no nearer knowing who will get promoted now than we were before last nights games.

• What we must do is bounce back swiftly.

Feb is jam packed with fixtures. No fewer that 7 leagues games and also the Checkatrade semi.

And several of those are gain at teams around us (Pompey, Carlisle, Col U). A good run could propel us up into third. But poor results would likely see us slip into mid table.

• Be good to see Ainsworth and Richardson given a run out for the Checkatrade

• Sorry Peter, one game from Wembley and you want to effectively throw the game? I'd be putting out the first team personally.

• I think the team we played last night shows our commitment to the Checkatrade