Skip to content

Stockport Away: On/Off?

Does anybody know when the international call ups are announced for the next international break (weekend of Oct 12/13)? We are due to play at Stockport and given the level of interest in this game, we should take a good following if it goes ahead.

The word from those ITK seems to be that it will go ahead given that neither team had the requisite three players called up for the last international fixture. However, like most people I am not going to book my train tickets until this is confirmed definitively.

Comments

• Artificial Intelligence?

• England's squad for the games on 10th & 13th is set to be named at 2pm on Thursday.

I assume other are announced at a similar time and any decisions on game postponements will be made next weekend. Maybe Monday morning at the latest.

• The username is a clue

• Who says ITK?

• 'the requisite three players'

• It's fucking disgusting this shit

• Bolton Wanderers revealed today they applied to the EFL on Sept 23 to have their game at Stevenage postponed on Oct 12 due to international call-ups.

Some squad lists as subject to embargoes so the timing of announcements of postponements varies.

I expect the game to go ahead as planned for the reasons you stated @Wellesbourne75

• @glasshalfempty @Twizz

Thanks for your replies, fingers crossed it goes ahead as a. it will be a good away day and b. a chance to test how far we've come and see whether we really can compete with the so called big clubs in this League.

• Apologies if I've got that wrong Mr wellesbourne. There's been a lot a fake shit coming my way which has spooked me

• Everyone please be sure only to send genuine shit to LX1.

• It would be interesting to see what genuine shit is. I'm not a biologist but it is important for health

• Think Morecambe in the FA cup last year....that was genuine shit.

• I always put that together with that Fleetwood league game in my mind but yeah, crikey, they were two different games

Since that Fleetwood game at the end of January we've earned 48 points from 26 games. An unbelievable turnaround from where we were that day

When the future history of Wycombe Wanderers is written I believe that half time in that Fleetwood game will be a line in the sand moment

• Things could be very different if Promise Omochere hadn’t got himself sent off in that game

• I'd forgotten that as well. One of the stupidest spendings off of all time. He and his team were totally dominant, Wycombe showing so little appetite for the fight it was starting to get a bit toxic in the stands and just before halftime he gets himself sent off. His manager must have been absolutely furious

• I looked back on the club’s twitter post for that game to refresh myself on Promise’s name, and I wonder if the person who tweeted a reply about Bloomfield being a ‘shit cunt’ is proud of themselves.

• I'd love to know what was said in the Wycombe dressing room at half time.

• Something along the lines of "you've got 45 minutes to save my job" perhaps?

They did at least come out second half and show they were still playing for their manager

• It wasn’t me, honestly.

Promise Omachere sounds like a very romantic wedding vow.

• any ideas on when club will announce whether game goes ahead?

• Presumably after all countries have announced if they will be requiring the services of any Wycombe or Stockport players. Which should be no later than Saturday.

• This international break/ fixture rescheduling is very frustrating. Maybe we should follow the cricket and rugby union example and just play the club fixtures even if players are called up for their national teams.

• It would be good if all EFL fixtures are on unless clubs are without six or more players.

• Or the three players only count if they have played a certain % of league fixtures. Often teams are calling off games because a bench warmer has been called up, and it just happens to suit them to postpone.

• I hope that game will go down as the low water mark of Matt's historic reign. Tranmere FA Cup replay was the low water mark for Ainsworth for me (ignore his first season, he didn't have a clue then by his own admission)

• edited October 2

I think Promise Omochere (the Fleetwood guy who got sent off) should be seen in the same category as Colin Daniel (the Mansfield guy who sent Bristol Rovers down instead of us): non-Wycombe players whose actions fundamentally changed the future of our club.

(I genuinely think that MB would have fallen on his sword - or been pushed - if we had not salvaged something from that game).

And sorry I posted this after reading @eric_plant ’s post before looking at the next 34 saying pretty much the same thing!

Although it did make me look back at the BBC page on that game and only two of the starting line up that day started on Tuesday

• edited October 2

Joe Low is not in the Wales senior squad for the games this weekend, not sure if the U21 has been announced yet.

• This weekend? The following weekend (12 October) surely.