Skip to content

Match Day Thread: Barnsley

Comments

• Will Phil last the final 5 minutes ? Somebody get that man a glass of water.

• Oh Ravs you star!

• Excellent subs. Kone and Humphreys have changed things.

If Fred can get full fitness, he could really be the difference

• Oh poo.

• Ah fucksake lads

• Well, we've had our two goals. Need to hold on!

• Fuck balls

• What a waste!

• Bollocks

• Balls.

• Where’s our game management? Stop inviting all this pressure for fuck sake.

• I'd take a point all day long now.

• Great defending from that corner onslaught.

• Tough to concede late, but I still think that is a great point away from home.

• Decent point away from home but what a wasted opportunity for three points

• Two goals AGAIN!

• That’s two points dropped. Incredibly frustrating.

• Shame about the equaliser - but a good point away against a team who will be in the playoffs or thereabouts.

• I’ll take a point

• I'd have taken a point before the game... but I'm a bit annoyed now, we couldve/should've won that

• Can’t decide if it is or not. Think Barnsley deserved a point but what a position we were in.

• Frustrating to get pegged back twice but having missed the last few games I was really impressed by how crisp and accurate our passing was tonight. I know a lot has been made of the stylistic differences between GA and Blooms but we’re a really nice side to watch nowadays; and not in a pointless Karl Robinson Oxford way either, we actually look dangerous with it.

Harvie, Bakinson and Scowen the standouts for me. Fred looks to have bulked up a bit too and when fully fit will be a big asset.

• A point away at Barnsley is a good point. Shame not to see the game out, but I'm feeling ever confident that we'll be in the mix this year. If we can back that up with 3 points Vs Crawley, it's an even better point.

• defo would have taken the point before the game , disappointed not to hang on for all 3 points, Fred looked class ! better game management needed to see out the game. Surely Fewd starts Saturday and hopefully either Butcher or Humphries for bakinson

• Good game and a decent point.

Brilliant skill from Kone and Low for the second. It looked scrappy but it took just as much craft as Harvie's goal at the weekend.

• Good point in the end, they are clearly a decent outfit, and bigger and just as if not more physical than us.

Going toe to toe with that lot is alright and our attackers should run riot against weaker teams.

Think the ref was almost as biased as the Sky commentator.

• That’s a good result, but so close to a great one.

• Well,at least we didn’t chuck the ball in our own net this year!

• We scored with five minutes to go. It’s always two points dropped if you can’t see it out with so little time left to play.