Skip to content

Wanderers TV 2024/25

Comments

• @Croider generally the manager post match comments & other snippets are put up on Twitter/X within 24 hours by the media team which is free in terms of cash if not ones sanity or soul!

• video breaking up same as the game against Wimbledon in the week - is this a known issue?

• This camera operator is shitfaced.

• Erroll, any links to these videos which aren't behind a paywall would be appreciated. I can currently see 28 seconds from Blooms, 18 seconds from Harvie, 12 from Morley and 20 secs from Franco regarding today's match. Meanwhile the full 9 minute video from the new academy director is available free of charge, but I would rather hear from our current players and manager.

Seems a shame to make such a backwards step and reduce fan engagement in this way. Realise the post match interviews with John Taylor in the Vere are long gone and unlikely to return, but putting club generated player and manager interviews behind a paywall seems unnecessary.

• I think they give away a bit more later in the week and in the build up to the next game but try and keep some back to earn a few £. Can't entirely blame them.

• Unwatchable picture, no commentary. If I didn’t know it was out of the club’s hands I’d be cancelling and asking for a refund. Fuck Sky.

• Absolute shite coverage from whoever is hosting this streaming. As it has been all season so far.

• The picture seemed spot on watching through Now tv.

But not having Big Phil and guest is a big miss.

But I suppose any neutrals randomly watching wouldn't necessarily want home or away commentators if it was possible

• Today, ‘overseas’ viewers were treated to sound breakups and at times a complete loss. Plus a period of pictures that looked like Match Day on the ZX Spectrum in 1984.

• edited August 31

I started off watching it through Sky red button, and the picture was awful, switched at half time to watching on sky news app on my phone and picture was fine

Sorry, just realised this has nothing to do with WWTV !

• I have cancelled my membership today. Whether it’s out of the clubs hands or not, it’s unacceptable for a paid service. The opening day was a shambles and it hasn’t improved a great deal since.

What a shame - we are blessed with having the best club commentator yet the service has fallen well below what is acceptable.

• But that’s just rewarding Sky for fucking everything up.

• Started with Sky but the picture was horrendous.

went onto WWTV which looked better but sounded terrible. It then improved but as soon as it went again, back to Sky which appeared better than at the beginning.

really needs sorting.

• I'm sure @bluntphil and @ProducerLuke_ were aware of the sound issues and maybe can comment.

• edited September 1

I watched on Sky+ . The picture was ok apart from the contrast between the deep shadow in our six yard box and the bright sunlight elsewhere during the first half making it difficult and anxiety-inducing not to have a clue about what was going on in our goalmouth.

More generally, I had difficulty identifying individual players because the vast majority of the coverage was in long shot and the commentator only sporadically named the player on the ball. I was particularly interested to know how well Declan Skura was playing when he came on in the second half but clearances from our box and vital interceptions seemed to be totally unattributed. I’m sure any Blackpool fans watching on TV would have had similar reservations.

I almost forgot to mention that freeze frame, if that’s the right description, happened several times for a minute or so several times during the broadcast.

Those of us unable to get to matches now have to decide whether to watch on Sky+ (if lucky enough to be able to afford it) or on WanderersTV. Anecdotally, there appear to be a few problems with the latter but the brilliance of the commentary by @bluntphil and his merry band of co-commentators no doubt trumps any technical peccadilloes.

Apologies for length.

• i don’t know if anyone thinks the same but I think the sky coverage is pretty poor. Commentators are hot and cold and the camera angles are terrible. Zooming in too much or zooming out to the moon.

Would be interesting how much sky make from additional subs over the next 5 years as they’ve spent 935 mill on this.

• Where in Surrey are you? I’ve seen a few of us about.

• I’d rather take a poor quality but watchable/listenable WTV over Sky even if they showed it in UHD any day.

I just know what the quality CAN be as last season was great This season, not so

Phil is such a joy to listen to along with (most) of his many co comms.

• I’m definitely coming round to that point of view.

• No response from @Surreyblue yet but I guess that’s because he/she has only been with us for a couple of days and probably hasn’t seen your question.

• I have the 19.99 deal with Now TV and the £5 for the audio on Wanderers TV. I then link them both up so I get the delights of Mr Catchpole with the pictures on Sky. Doesn’t take long to link as just have to pause one of them until there is a free kick or throw in

• Sorry gents. I am based in Cranleigh. Previously guilford. I bumped into quite a few Chairboys when getting the train for the bdsm final last season.

• I bumped into the late Tim Summers whilst out walking my dog. We both had our shirts on as we were about to head to AP. We became good friends and would regularly meet up with each other. There are quite a few of us in this neck of the woods now.

• edited September 5

Due to the international break postponement by Mansfield, there is no Pre-Match Drills today. BUT, we have some fantastic retro Wycombe Wanderers shirt content instead!

https://www.wwfc.com/news/2024/september/05/tom-shares-epic-wanderers-shirt-collection/

Big thanks to Tom Wyatt for sharing his fantastic collection.

I think my favourite is the double winning Vandanel from the 92/93 season. I had the FA Trophy final edition and wore it so much the VERCO lettering fell off.

• I’ve got a Vandanel that I keep meaning to bring down for you. It really was a great shirt.

• Any good Europeans tried to buy a pass for today? seem to have been able to pay but not watch

• edited September 21

Yeah. I’m struggling to get the feed up. Works on iPhone but not on PC

Edit : back on PC, but has gone off twice and no screen pops up to watch it

• Weird, can listen but no option to watch, just a link to click manage subscriptions which does nothing

• I keep getting it but after a minute or so drops out. Not good