Skip to content

Match day thread: Rotherham

Comments

• You can watch today’s game on WanderersTV, or as pointed out by @our_frank , in 3D at a beautiful venue in the Chilterns, albeit a very soggy one today.

• Come out, and watch football with a religious community in a beautiful place out in the Chilterns....

(EP Cover predicts we win 4-0)

• Wycombe vs Rotherham tends to be bland, often 0-0. Wycombe vs. Steve Evans’ Rotherham will be horrendous. Excuse me for being negative but if this fixture is anything like either of the Stevenage games last season I’ll be gutted. It’s about time we gave Steve Evans a bit of a battering. Please win 3-0 today.

• COME ON YOU BLUES!

• There'll be a few Millers fans choking on their cornflakes reading that. Whenever we play them they suddenly discover they're football purists of the ilk of Johan Cruyff c. 1974 trapped the body of a journeyman carthorse.

• Due to the crappy weather, The Wanderer will not be on sale today. If you still haven’t got a copy, our remaining stock will be on sale from the WWISC table before our next home game. Enjoy the match!

• We owe Steve Evans one. At least.

• It will be interesting to see how the game pans out today. Really difficult one to call. What's the general concensus on here with regards to Wycombe's style of play under Matt? Second full season in and I'm still not sure about our identity and what exactly the mantra is. I'm still not clear on the type of side we are.

• 3-1 win today. COYB!

• No plan B, manager does not know his best side, poor subs, no depth in the squad, and lacking a proven finisher, probably be lucky to escape relegation.

(This can be cut and pasted into every league one and two fan forum as far as I can tell.) 😉

• What's the weather been like at Adams Park? I drove through two deluges on the way over from Mordor easily on the scale of the fateful Bristol Rovers game a few years ago, any pitch would have struggled to absorb that much rain.

• Somebody's bashed the Bishop

• edited August 24

Oh dear. Bishop out is dreadful news. Particularly as Ravizzoli’s box management is poor. Steve Evans will pin it on him every time today. Massive game for him. Please prove me wrong. Come on Wycombe.

Edit - should say that I am really pleased this looks like a 442 with Udoh and Kone up front. Think we could be menacing going forward today.

• Losing Bishop and Vokes together is a huge blow. What is going on in training?

I'm surprised not to see Skura in the bench, we are desperately short at the back.

• Rotherham's 24 is named Cameron Humphrys. Can't happen too often that both teams have a player with the same name.

• What an injury list. And that’s before Evans’s thug tactics get stuck into us.

• Long injury list for this time of the season.

• Who do we reckon will be the second central defender and who on the bench comes on if either of the central defenders gets injured? Bakinson? McCarthy? Humphreys?

it certainly has to be a back four.

Vokes and Bishop injured?

• Attack the best form of defence today maybe, could be a challenging afternoon.

• Time to move back to Marlow Road

• Being from the rat infested slums of Glasgow, Evans has probably told the team to try and 'remove' Ravizzoli so as to get Shala in goal.

• Yes good point, thank god we’ve moved away from that training ground that was causing all the injuries to players.

• In fairness, I think most of our injuries have occurred during matches rather than in training.

• We don’t usually get to hear about training ground injuries.

• Bishop’s was probably incurred during the Birmingham game where we - arguably stupidly - allowed him to play on without a physio coming on to check him out. Self-inflicted foolishness.

• McCarthy would have to go to full back and Grimmer to CB.

• From Twitter/X/Xitter:

Nathan Bishop, Ryan Tafazolli, David Wheeler, Sam Vokes, Luke Leahy, Brandon Hanlan and Beryly Lubala are sidelined through injury.

New signings Cameron Humphreys, Gideon Kodua and Aaron Morley are named on the bench.

• McCarthy has played CB, not well but he has played there.