Skip to content

Wanderers TV 2024/25

edited July 29 in Football

Now that we have the shiny new Wanderers TV with 4 camera set-up and @bluntphil on commentary, I figured a lot of us would rather pay the club to watch that every week than pay a mega-corp for the privilege of listening to someone who can't even pronounce our players names let alone give any insight into the teams, tactics and Scottish wafer based snacks. If you're one of those people, this thread is for us to collectively share insights on how to work with an overseas match pass.

Things as I understand them at the moment (If anyone knows different, I'll update this post) :

1. If you have an overseas season pass from last season, it should renew automatically at a slightly higher price.
  2. If you need to get one, make sure you're either abroad or on a VPN to another country at the point you're trying to buy it.

Known, working VPNs:

1. Personally I use and recommend Mullvad - https://mullvad.net/en/pricing
  2. Nord - recommended by @Kernow76

Comments

• Well I hope it renews automatically, I shall fire up the old laptop that we use for our VPN and find out. May take a while as we haven't used it since the last away game.

• @bluntphil giving The Gasroom a shoutout on his 'What's New on Wanderers TV' interview!

• No brainer if you can’t get to any of the games, rather give the club my money.

I use Nord as it’s been the most reliable for me, I’ve been using it for years .

To sign up to WTV google “USA address generator”.

Now sign into NordVPN and use that USA address you generated as your billing address when signing up to WTV.

I have a code for 1-3months for free of NordVPN if anyone wants it :

https://refer-nordvpn.com/MQgRqDtUCBy

• Careful with a US address, the games that will be available on CBS won’t be on WTV.

• Once signed up to WanderersTV with an annual overseas pass in the US, you can "relocate" elsewhere for the Wrexham match.

• So I have Now TV at the moment. A Now Sports day pass will cost m £14-99. So it is now going to cost me an extra fiver to watch a game compared to Wwtv from last season.

What a con.😡

• Watch on WTV.

• Why would you buy the day pass if you already have Now tv?

Had a year offer at £26 a month recently which I think can be cancelled at any time.

• Because I only have Now entertainment and Now Cinema. Not Sky Sports.

• Use a vpn. Sounds fiddly but really isn't.

Or get now tv sports for £26 a month.

• VPN and WTV is no fuss at all, works flawlessly, and as mentioned in the opening post, you get the same camera feed as Sky but an infinitely better commentary. And it’s cheaper. No brainer really, can’t understand why anyone would voluntarily give money to Sky, the very same company that’s been doing its upmost to destroy the sport we love.

• THIS.

I do have Sky but would much rather listen to Phil than the Sky presenters bias, favouring the larger club. Imagine the putrid w@nkfest they are going to have during the Wrexham game. Makes me squirm just thinking about it.

ok it’s £190 for the season which is quite a bit of cash, but I’d rather give the money to the club seeing as we’re hard up nowadays.

• I think it’s all a big ploy to rile up lower league fans and then Sky will use the anger to fuel their push for the end of the 3pm blackout.

• Get your point, and if you only want to watch Wycombe, then yes it's a no brainer to go for the Wyc pass over any variant of Sky.

For my sins I like to watch premier league and other games though.

• Here's a list of all the Wycombe games on Sky until 1st Jan... (could be more if we progress in Lg Cup)

https://www.live-footballontv.com/wycombe-wanderers-on-tv.html

• EFL games are on there too? That seems surprising!

Are they counted in this well publicised 20 games live for each team, or are they on top?

• By my calculations there are 552 League One games over the course of a season.

Sky say they are broadcasting 248 of them.

That is 45% of all League One games.

45% of Wycombe's 46 league games = just over 20

That assumes they are showing each club equally and not a disproportionate number of Wrexham, Birmingham etc

• edited August 8

I get where you're coming from but I don't think there really is any bias in Sky commentators. Sure - they may know more about the bigger team because they cover more of their matches, but they call it as they see it during the match. It's just they do so impartially rather than through the prism of being biased towards Wycombe, which is probably how you see the match. I'm not sure we'll get - or want - less bias from a commentary team made up of a WWFC staffer and an injured/suspended first team player. What we do get from Phil & co though is a level of knowledge of Wycombe we won't find elsewhere, inside information, and a willingness to critique when we play poorly in a way that is refreshing to hear from club employees.

Also - we're no longer hard up. We're now a plaything of a billionaire.

• edited August 8

irony lost on the last point. LoL

as for Sky. Did you watch any games with us on Sky over the last few seasons? Got A LOT wrong which smacked of arrogance on their part. Wrong names, wrong results et al

I don’t hate Sky the same as others do, but when it comes to Wycombe coverage, they’re so poor, and in the same breath, not half as good as what it could be - WWTV and Phil.

add in the Wrexham love-fest, could be insufferable

• 20+ games live over the course of a season presumably includes League Cup and BSMT games.

I hadn't realised that, per @Vital's list, every midweek game is also on Sky+.

• The first Pre-Match Drills of the season is now available on WanderersTV:

• Matt Bloomfield and Captain Jack preview the first game
    • Nathan from the Wrexham podcast, RobRyanRed, gives us the lowdown on our opening day opponents
    • Playlist Picks us back and first up is Luke Leahy
    • Behind the scenes footage of player photo day at Harlington

https://www.wwfc.com/videos/6c1ac4a1-c182-4c22-869f-a7a24fbc9486

• Can’t sign in to wwfc.com, and it doesn’t appear to be possible to watch in the app on the iPad. 😭

• Finally let me in. The good news is that the full screen button works in Safari now.

• edited August 10

Logged in on NowTV mobile app and they are still pratting on about league 2 results.

No mention of Wrexham v Wycombe so far, all they have gone in about is the Reading v Birmingham game.

And yes I've selected the Wrexham v Wycombe match. Has anyone got this option working?

• There’s no intelligible audio at all on the website.

• Commentary has kicked in but the sound is still pretty distorted.

• Logged out and back in again, it's working now.

According to the guy on commentary Wycombe have only had a short tenure in the football league.

• A mere 32 years.