Skip to content

Reading offer Bearwood training ground to Wycombe

Comments

• If no one buys them, they will turn into a non-existent club.

• Probably still thinks we play Ainsworthball too.

• They should be biting someone's hand off for a mid-table L1 finish given the quagmire they're in. Just existing would be a pretty good outcome at this point.

• I sincerely hope Rob isn’t involved with this takeover.

• I hope he isn't too, but suspect if he is involved it is in a facilitatory role (for a finders fee of course) rather than as an active participant

• Could well be indeed. I wonder the money man/woman is behind this then?

• Would it be too harsh to reply “f**k off blanket boy, you wish you were us”

• Jack_urz1871, you are an idiot. I would take a League One, top or bottom of the table, over the present owner and going out of existence . I find Your comment offensive. and "fans" like you should be reported for bring the game into disrepute and banned from football for life. Pity he won't see this as I don't do social media, whichever of them he is on. I hope you chairboys don't think we are all like that idiot, I could think of another name to call him but this post wouldn't be published if i did so.

• Has Rob potentiallly been brought onboard to bypass the Fit & Proper Owner test for the interested parties? Once they're through the doors he could take a wage for a while then retire with a sizeable Golden Handshake.

• edited July 8

I am Mr Balowski, a businessman from Uzbekistan who wants to buy your club. I am NOT, as some have claimed, Mikhail Lomtadze wearing a hat. So you can put those sheets back on the bed.

• You’d be surprised what you can post on here . I’ve counted three f**ks and a large 🐓 this week and it’s not even Tuesday.

• Add a d*ckhead to that, which Joey Barton and Jeremy Vine still are.

• I have noticed that there is a soul in pain out there in the ether who is so disaffected by life as to be soothing their tormented psyche by downthumbing every single post in this thread. Whoever it is, I send you love and wish a swift end to your troubles.

• edited July 9

So....do we protest at their ground or do they protest at ours?

I suppose we ought to wait until Ainsworth is confirmed as their new manager.

• If this does happen and I hope it doesn’t, then it will be weird to have an owner who leaves a club he seemed in love with to buy a bigger local rival. Especially when we all believed that at 75 he needed to relinquish the reigns to take it easier in his later life and also dramatically cut down the travelling.

I appreciate he is a business man and to him it is probably a good chance to get into Reading and stabilise and sell off at a big profit. Or as someone else said earlier, he is doing this on behalf of someone else.

I will always be grateful to Rob for what he has done for Wycombe but this Reading thing has me with mixed emotions.

• Hmmmm.... me too.

Suppose we can't get emotionally involved. Especially as we don't know the ins and outs of the matter yet.

Also.... our new owner is a billionaire so there!

• Will never happen in the next two weeks and Rob does not have the finances to be paying 30-40M for the club and training ground.

Let’s not forget he needed to bring in Mikhail a year ago to fund last seasons budget.

I suspect the money is coming from a wealthy sports franchise owner in the US, someone like Cal McNair or Arthur Blank.

Rob saved us and he and his family worked wonders here. I shall really enjoy watching this play out with my Reading supporting friends.

• Merging the two clubs would make us the Chair Biscuits.

Air biscuits if this actually happens, obviously.

• It's an interesting one. At 75 Rob is not in it for the long term so I am guessing he is part of a group and will fade away into the background once the deal is done.

I still wonder how anyone, let alone Rob (and Pete?), can turn around a company that is leaking so much cash into something viable.

• Being somewhat skeptical of this, I'm wondering if Rob isn't just being used as the figurehead as the consortium will know that he'll pass the fit and proper persons test (or whatever they call it these days)?

• The more I think about this the stranger it becomes. Perhaps Rob is a lot wealthier than we thought. If he thinks Reading is a better project than us, why didn't Lomtadze think the same?

Perhaps Rob thinks getting hold of Bearwood is a potential money spinner. I think Reading supporters will have less patience with him than we did, especially if they don't go up this season. Does a 75 year old really want this?

I worry that this is all the groundwork to merging the two clubs at a new stadium perhaps in the Wokingham area.

• I worry that this is all the groundwork to merging the two clubs at a new stadium perhaps in the Wokingham area.

Kaspi ChairBicuits FC 2025.

• The only way that Rob could afford Reading is if he sold Bearwood for the reported £22-£25m to offset against the asking price.

I suspect that he is just front for a consortium who are using his expertise and ability to pass the proper tests.

• I've heard the only reason he's buying it is to shut it down and gift Bearwood to Wycombe.

• Surely it would be the Thrones. After all that is a Royal Chair.

• Older statesman American chap sells Wycombe off because he's getting older and doesn't like the long trips.

A few weeks later, gets involved with an even bigger challenge of a club a mere 25miles away.

Makes perfect sense.

• Can a father in law own one club in the EFL and a son in law own another club?